Clarke CMD 300 metal gears

Advert

Clarke CMD 300 metal gears

Home Forums Manual machine tools Clarke CMD 300 metal gears

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AeroJet
    Participant
      @aerojet

Hi Folks,

I have a Clarke mill/drill cmd300 and I’ve shattered the plastic main drive gear.

I know how to replace it, but I would like at some point replace the inner gears with metal ones, and keep the main gear plastic. Basically the same mod in this video:

I can find metal gears for the R8 collet system, question is, are there metal gears for the MT3 collet system?

Cheers,

Adam

Advert
      Dave Halford
      Participant
        @davehalford22513

Are the plastic replacement gears listed r8 or mt3?

This is I believe a Seig x2, if so Arc Euro Trade will know the answer

bernard towers
        Participant
          @bernardtowers37738

Would the drive gears be any different, its more likely its just the nose.

Neil Wyatt
            @neilwyatt
            AeroJet
            Participant
              @aerojet

Hi,

don’t think they are specifically r8 or mt3. Ordered a set of plastic ones from machine mart spare dept for the cmd300.

however, when I have time, I want to convert the inner gearbox gears with metal ones.

ive taken a look at arc euro trade. They refer to the mill drill as the old x2.

they might do the job.

thanks for the info!

Ketan Swali
              Participant
                @ketanswali79440
                On AeroJet Said:

Hi,

don’t think they are specifically r8 or mt3. Ordered a set of plastic ones from machine mart spare dept for the cmd300.

however, when I have time, I want to convert the inner gearbox gears with metal ones.

ive taken a look at arc euro trade. They refer to the mill drill as the old x2.

they might do the job.

thanks for the info!

The Clarke CMD300 is an X2 made for Clarke by SIEG. ARC refer to it as the old X2, because ARC used to sell it about 5+ years ago. The X2 is a brushed motor gear drive mill. ARC replaced it with the newer SIEG SX2PG HiTorque Mill brushless motor belt drive machine.

The spares for the old X2 are available from ARC here – link

NOTES:

– Changing the gears to metal gears will make your mill more noisy

– The plastic gears are sacrificial, designed to break under abnormal use/abuse. If you do decide to change to metal gears, understand the limitations of your machine and your ability. If you are unsure of your own limitations/ability, it is good to have at least one sacrificial plastic gear e.g. X2 Mini-Mill small High/Low transmission gear 12T/20T. In case of damage, it is cheaper to replace this, rather than motor or circuit board, which are more likely to damage with an all metal gear assembly, in case of an overload event/failure.

– The SIEG SX2PG HiTorque Mill brushless motor mill is a belt drive and it does not use any high/low gears.

Ketan at ARC

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)