Clarke CMD 300 metal gears

Clarke CMD 300 metal gears

Home › Forums › Manual machine tools › Clarke CMD 300 metal gears

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #722880
    AeroJet
    Participant
      @aerojet

      Hi Folks,

      I have a Clarke mill/drill cmd300 and I’ve shattered the plastic main drive gear.

      I know how to replace it, but I would like at some point replace the inner gears with metal ones, and keep the main gear plastic. Basically the same mod in this video:

      I can find metal gears for the R8 collet system, question is, are there metal gears for the MT3 collet system?

      Cheers,

      Adam

       

       

      #722923
      Dave Halford
      Participant
        @davehalford22513

        Are the plastic replacement gears listed r8 or mt3?

        This is I believe a Seig x2, if so Arc Euro Trade will know the answer

        #722928
        bernard towers
        Participant
          @bernardtowers37738

          Would the drive gears be any different, its more likely its just the nose.

          #722937
          Neil Wyatt
          Moderator
            @neilwyatt
            #722949
            AeroJet
            Participant
              @aerojet

              Hi,

              don’t think they are specifically r8 or mt3. Ordered a set of plastic ones from machine mart spare dept for the cmd300.

              however, when I have time, I want to convert the inner gearbox gears with metal ones.

              ive taken a look at arc euro trade. They refer to the mill drill as the old x2.

              they might do the job.

               

              thanks for the info!

               

               

              #722988
              Ketan Swali
              Participant
                @ketanswali79440
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • Please log in to reply to this topic. Registering is free and easy using the links on the menu at the top of this page.

              Latest Replies

              Home › Forums › Manual machine tools › Topics

              Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
              Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

              View full reply list.