Tonights Essential Viewing

Advert

Tonights Essential Viewing

Home Forums The Tea Room Tonights Essential Viewing

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    JasonB
      @jasonb
      Advert
      JasonB
        @jasonb

This video was posted on another ME forum and I thought you may enjoy.

I like the figure eight railway layout and the battery sorting robot

martin perman 1
        Participant
          @martinperman1

Jason,

A very interesting video, I can tell you a little more about the two robots as I worked for the manufacturer for a few years servicing and installing them, the company is ABB, a Swedish company, the robot on the right hangs from a frame and has three arms which come together at the gripper end and each arm has its own motor to move the gripper anywhere within its limits, it is controlled by a camera which is up stream from the robot and looks down on the conveyor and spots the position of each battery, the robot is given the positions and it picks and aligns them as you can see, the second robot is a six axis anthropomorphic robot which is also connected to a camera looking down on the conveyor which spots the position of the batteries, the conveyor is fitted with encoders which give positional data so the robot can calculate where it has to be to pick them up.

Martin P

Harry Wilkes
          Participant
            @harrywilkes58467

Thanks for the link Jason.

H

Bob Jepp
            Participant
              @bobjepp

Regarding the two robots handling batteries, they are in fact Fanuc not ABB robots. Fanuc robots are manufactured in Japan and have a UK sales / integration office in Coventry. Fanuc robots are predominantly yellow – their new slogan " Welcome to the Yellow World ". I was Engineering Manager there before starting my own robot installation business.

The full video can be seen at Fanuc USA Web Site – you need to scroll down the page to " LR Mate 200iD and M-1iA/5L Intelligent High Speed Battery Grouping " in the video section ( hope the link works ).

The explanation of the operation of the robots is spot on – the upside down spider looking robot being the M-1iA/5l and the human arm shaped robot being the LR Mate 200iD.

There are some fascinating videos on the website including some of a robot handling a railway wheel set. Robots are always attention grabbers – I've been fascinated by them and working with them for the last 41 years !

martin perman 1
              Participant
                @martinperman1

Bob,

When I watched the video I convinced myself the six axis robot was orange, must get my glasses sorted, and embarrassingly where I work now we build tunnel washers and other equipment which are loaded and unloaded by bright yellow Fanuc's, i've also been to Coventry for training on the robots.

Fanuc are also one of the first companies to use powerful servo motors to run all electric injection moulding machines instead of using hydraulics, I used to put Piovan Star three axis robots onto them for removing the mouldings.

Martin P

Michael Gilligan
                Participant
                  @michaelgilligan61133
                  Posted by JasonB on 13/02/2016 20:11:27:

This video was posted on another ME forum and I thought you may enjoy.

I like the figure eight railway layout and the battery sorting robot

Jason,

I'm bewildered … Could you please check the link you posted

Thanks

MichaelG.

Roderick Jenkins
                  Participant
                    @roderickjenkins93242

Link works for me and I enjoyed the video. Ta, Jason. But the comments afterwards disgust. They clearly come from a parallel universe of which I know nothing frown

Rod

JasonB
                      @jasonb

Rod I only watched the video.

Michael I checked it when I posted it. Takes you to a Facebook video, I'm not on Facebook but it still works for me and everyone else who has replied

Edit just clicked the link again and it still works. May use Adobe flash so your ipad probably does not like it.

Edited By JasonB on 14/02/2016 13:32:05

JasonB
                        @jasonb

Michael your friend google comes to the rescue with the same video on youtube – enjoy

Edited By JasonB on 14/02/2016 13:33:12

Michael Gilligan
                        Participant
                          @michaelgilligan61133

It's O.K. Jason … I didn't realise that was the intended video

When I saw that 'organic' title frame, I assumed I was on the wrong channel.

MichaelG.

Hollowpoint
                          Participant
                            @hollowpoint

Saw this on YouTube yesterday. The "metal snowflake" is the coolest part! There is an interesting accompanying video about it and tight tolerances here:

Rik Shaw
                            Participant
                              @rikshaw

Tonight on Discovery History channel 535 (Sky) and 262 (Virgin) at 8.00 pm. "Industrial Revelations – Steam on the Water"

Just in case you missed it last time.

Rik

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)