Kerry 1124 lathe – some healing required

Kerry 1124 lathe – some healing required

Home › Forums › Manual machine tools › Kerry 1124 lathe – some healing required

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #444454
    Andrew Cox
    Participant
      @andrewcox35130

      Hi all

      Just to close the loop on this one. Over the holiday, I finished the repair to my top slide. I took Martin Johnson's advice (option 2); basically removing 1/4" from the end of the slide, and re-boring / tapping the holes for the gib adjustment screw.

      There was a slight interlude involving a broken screw………….. and a broken screw extractor….which required a visit to a local spark-erosion specialist. (It's very handy to live near Coventry, where such services are readily available).

      Just today, I made a replacement screw. It has a 1/2" diameter head and a 3/16 BSF, threaded section, 1" long. I thought I might struggle to turn the thin section, but I followed some advice on Joe Pieczynski's YouTube channel, which worked like a dream. All in all, I'm happy with the result.

      Next job, make a new dial that reads 0 to 2.5mm to replace the one graduated 0- 2.0mm.

      Thanks once again for the advice and support.

       

      top slide repair 2.jpg

      Edited By Andrew Cox 3 on 03/01/2020 12:11:23

      Edited By Andrew Cox 3 on 03/01/2020 12:11:49

      Edited By Andrew Cox 3 on 03/01/2020 12:12:21

      #444686
      Andrew Firman
      Participant
        @andrewfirman12129

        Glad you managed to repair your top slide. I also have a 1124 and for those with Kerry lathes there is some info on them including manuals at

        https://groups.io/g/Kerrylathes

        Most of the info was transferred from Yahoogroups before it changed its service last December.

        #444687
        Andrew Firman
        Participant
          @andrewfirman12129

          Deleted double post!

          Edited By Andrew Firman on 04/01/2020 23:09:22

          #444743
          Andrew Cox
          Participant
            @andrewcox35130

            Hi Andrew, thanks for the link. My membership application is pending…….

            #444795
            Andrew Firman
            Participant
              @andrewfirman12129

              Hi Andrew (Cox), Hopefully you are now a member with posting rights……

            Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
            • Please log in to reply to this topic. Registering is free and easy using the links on the menu at the top of this page.

            Latest Replies

            Home › Forums › Manual machine tools › Topics

            Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
            Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

            View full reply list.