Hi there, wondering if anyone here can help me find or possibly repair/machine an obscure 1950’s brass tapered ‘Bray 657A 25’ valve. I’ve attached a photo of the valve with the snapped cap which I’m trying to either get repaired or find a matching valve.
The snap is very clean and the top ‘cup’ rotates so maybe removable. The brass around the snap is about 1mm thick and I don’t know if it is possible to braze or solder but guessing in use it would heat upto around maybe something under 250c?
Any leads or steers VERY appreciated. This cooker has been in daily use for around 70 years and I’d really hate to have to scrap it.
thanks again
I believe these valves were used in gas, oil and maybe steam appliance in the 1950’s and this one is from a 1950’s New World ‘Rangette’ gas cooker which was in use everyday until now and I would really love to not scrap it.