M-DRO MDC 700L set up

M-DRO MDC 700L set up

Home › Forums › General Questions › M-DRO MDC 700L set up

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #463659
    Gavlar
    Participant
      @gavlar

      I have a stupid question about the DRO on my lathe. It's likely to be basic set up but I don't have the instructions!

      It is a M-DRO MDC700L

      I'm re-fitting the X axis components but this time doing it properly so that the bracket holding the X axis sensor doesn't interfere with other moving parts.

      I think I worked out how to do it without drilling anymore holes, then mocked it up prior to machining a new bracket but the readout is in reverse, that is, as cross slide moves towards the work piece, the readout on the DRO goes up rather than down.

      What am I doing wrong?

      Thanks, Gavin.

      #27273
      Gavlar
      Participant
        @gavlar
        #465562
        Chris Gill
        Participant
          @chrisgill22114

          Hi Gavin

          I have the mill version of this DRO but the setup looks to be universal. When you switch it on you'll see the linear resolution on the display, I think mine says "LIN-5" or similar. Press Enter to get into the setup (you only get a few seconds). You can then scroll through the various options using the arrow buttons and should find DIRECT and there'll be a 0 or 1 in the X and Y values (and Z if you're lucky). The book does describe the conventional setting quite well but doesn't say which is 1 and which is 0. Rather oddly, you press X and Y to toggle the values rather than 0 or 1.

          I just had to change the settings on my mill to get things to work as per the book.

          If you drop me a PM I'll try to scan the manual to PDF for you

          Hope this helps, Chris

          #465621
          Gavlar
          Participant
            @gavlar

            Thanks Chris, that worked a treat!. I don't think I'd have found that by trail and error in a month of Sundays, though I've no idea how I managed to reverse the settings in the first place!

            I have messaged you with my email.

            Edited By Gavin Freeman 1 on 19/04/2020 08:03:48

            #465722
            Gavlar
            Participant
              @gavlar

              Just a quick public thanks to Chris who, as well as the advice above, has sent me a scanned copy of the manual this morning

            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • Please log in to reply to this topic. Registering is free and easy using the links on the menu at the top of this page.

            Latest Replies

            Home › Forums › General Questions › Topics

            Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
            Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

            View full reply list.