Bed Plate for Prusa i3 printer

Advert

Bed Plate for Prusa i3 printer

Home Forums 3D Printers and 3D Printing Bed Plate for Prusa i3 printer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Iain Downs
    Participant
      @iaindowns78295

Hi, all.

After a recent tussle with my printer I am in need of a replacement bed.

The tussle involved the heater and thermostat popping out of the hot end, falling on the print in progress and proceeding to melt what was already printed in some kind of manic thermal runaway. The plastic was really hard to remove and I broke the tile in the process.

What I need is a 200mm x 200mmx4mm glass mirror tile. I have been unable to find something of that size in glass, though I'm sure they were available a couple of years back.

If anyone can suggest a source (or an alternate), I would be very grateful.

The printer is originally from Factory3D but Mike who is normally very helpful seems to be out of action at the moment,

Iain

Advert
      Iain Downs
      Participant
        @iaindowns78295

200mm glass mirror tile?

Neil Wyatt
          @neilwyatt

You can get 200 x 200 or slightly larger squares of pyrex type glass which is much mor durable for a 3D printer bed than mirror glass, from 'a popular online auction site or from a popular mass sales site'.

I use one coated with a 50/50 mix of PVA and water and find it by far the best solution.

Neil

Roderick Jenkins
          Participant
            @roderickjenkins93242

A search for "borosilicate glass 3d" will give you lots of options. That's what I did when a pulled lumps out of the original mirror on my Factory 3d printer.

HTH,

Rod

Roger Woollett
            Participant
              @rogerwoollett53105

Try these from IKEA. Sorry these are 30×30. I have them on my Prusa. Maybe you could cut them down to 20×20.

Edited By Roger Woollett on 12/07/2023 17:25:00

Iain Downs
              Participant
                @iaindowns78295

Sometimes you just need to know the right name for something. Thanks to all – borosilicate 3D was the trick.

I was hung up on the originals being mirror finished…

Iain

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)