A very well equipped teaching establishment

Advert

A very well equipped teaching establishment

Home Forums Suggested Online Resources A very well equipped teaching establishment

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bill Phinn
    Participant
      @billphinn90025

I’ve no experience of college engineering departments and what you generally find in them, but this Canadian one seems remarkably well equipped, most notably with manual machines. Most interesting of all, it seems to have been set up relatively recently.

Advert
      Nicholas Farr
      Participant
        @nicholasfarr14254

Hi Bill, I bet that cost a bob or two to set up, thanks for sharing.

Regards Nick.

Russell Eberhardt
        Participant
          @russelleberhardt48058

Mmm… according to Wikipedia most of the students at Conestoga College are international with the majority coming from India giving the college a revenue of $137 million a year.  Sounds like a good business.

Russell

dodmole
          Participant
            @dodmole

I as an ex Techy Dept Technician would not like to keep all them machines in sharp cutters, nor check to see if they are cleaned down properly after each session.

Bazyle
            Participant
              @bazyle

And every holiday all that lovely machinery sits unused…….

Mick B1
              Participant
                @mickb1

It looks as if it was pictured before any real work was done there.

If the trainees are destined to go out into general engineering industry, big platoons of identical machines aren’t really the way to go. It’s better to introduce them to a variety of typical makes and models they’re likely to meet outside, to get them used to the fact that not all centre lathes, surface grinders and mills are worked the same way. When I learned the centre lathe at a Government Training Centre in 1974, that was the approach they took, so that I’d used quite a range of machines by the time I went into the factories.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)