6″ Burrell, Finished at last !

6″ Burrell, Finished at last !

Home › Forums › Traction engines › 6″ Burrell, Finished at last !

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #346270
    RICHARD GREEN 2
    Participant
      @richardgreen2

      Here are some pictures of the 6" scale Burrell traction engine that I have been building over the past 7 years,……………..Finished at last !

      Richard

      burrell 2018 010 (medium).jpg

      burrell 24-2-18 003 (medium).jpg

      burrell 24-2-18 004 (medium).jpg

      #2878
      RICHARD GREEN 2
      Participant
        @richardgreen2
        #346272
        Brian H
        Participant
          @brianh50089

          Super, very well done!

          Brian

          #346274
          Mick B1
          Participant
            @mickb1

            That's very impressive indeed.

            I'm probably not alone in thinking I may never be able to get near the level of commitment you must've had to build that.

            #346275
            Tractor man
            Participant
              @tractorman

              Richard,Truly marvellous work! Seven years well spent. Enjoy showing her now.
              Best regards Mick

              #346287
              Trevor Crossman 1
              Participant
                @trevorcrossman1

                Steam isn't my particular interest, though I can remember frequently seeing these full sized in my childhood, this really is an impressive piece of work, congratulations on curing your 7 year itch Richard !

                Trevor

                #346293
                AJW
                Participant
                  @ajw

                  Real dedication, what a machine! Super.

                  Alan

                  #346296
                  BW
                  Participant
                    @bw

                    Looks stunning , well done,

                    #346301
                    Brian Sweeting 2
                    Participant
                      @briansweeting2

                      Congratulations, a superb effort.

                      #346314
                      John Penfold
                      Participant
                        @johnpenfold74932

                        Really nice.

                        #346318
                        Ady1
                        Participant
                          @ady1

                          Wow.

                          Well done that man

                          #346327
                          RICHARD GREEN 2
                          Participant
                            @richardgreen2

                            Thanks everyone for your comments,

                            Richard

                            #346384
                            Neil Wyatt
                            Moderator
                              @neilwyatt

                              Well done Richard,

                              Bet that feels good

                              Neil

                              #346397
                              Sam Longley 1
                              Participant
                                @samlongley1

                                Hope that we did not forget to measure the clearance under the garage door then cos that looks a bit tall ????????

                                #346404
                                Anonymous

                                  Good grief, that's really impressive! But what on earth are you going to do now?

                                  I'm embarrassed to admit that after 10+ years I'm still not even half way through a 4" scale Burrell. embarrassed

                                  Andrew

                                  #346435
                                  paul rayner
                                  Participant
                                    @paulrayner36054
                                    Posted by Andrew Johnston on 16/03/2018 20:21:33:

                                    Good grief, that's really impressive! But what on earth are you going to do now?

                                    I'm embarrassed to admit that after 10+ years I'm still not even half way through a 4" scale Burrell. embarrassed

                                    Andrew

                                    give it to Jason, he will have it finished in a week

                                    #346436
                                    JasonB
                                    Moderator
                                      @jasonb

                                      I don't know about that I seem to be a bit slower on Traction engines, the Minnie was spread over 13yrs and at the moment I have lost interest in the Fowler so don't know when the last few minor bits will get done. With a set of castings for a flame ignition engine on their way and two sets ordered for Hot tube ignition ones I can't see the Fowler being done until good Friday falls on a Thursdayblush

                                      Nice work on the engine Richard, what's next when you have sold that one?

                                      #346439
                                      Bazyle
                                      Participant
                                        @bazyle

                                        Reminds me of my own mortality. I see something like that and, as with going round MEX, think I would like to build something like that. Then I think I should have started 20 years ago to have some chance of finishing in my lifetime. One day even your great grandchildren will be able to go to a rally and see it, if you sell it outside the family.

                                        So who produced the castings etc and are there more around?

                                        Edited By Bazyle on 17/03/2018 09:41:37 Taking two edits just to get the spelling right what hopw would I have with a massive engine.

                                        Edited By Bazyle on 17/03/2018 09:42:35

                                        #346449
                                        RICHARD GREEN 2
                                        Participant
                                          @richardgreen2

                                          Hello Bazyle, The castings are by EKP Supplies in Devon, as far as I know they are still available.

                                          Jason, Over the past 7 years I built up a collection of casting sets for other models,

                                          Stuart S50

                                          Stuart compound marine engine

                                          Alyn Foundry Robinson gas engine

                                          Fairbanks gas engine

                                          Savage engine "Nicholas"

                                          Stuart No9

                                          2 x Stuart steam hammers

                                          Stuart 6A compound marine engine

                                          So I've got plenty to go at, my only decision is , which to start first !

                                          The Burrell is for sale, If it sells that's OK, if it dosen't I don't mind, though I would gain a lot of workshop space if it did sell……………………

                                          Richard.

                                          #346464
                                          JasonB
                                          Moderator
                                            @jasonb

                                            Richard if it is the Robinson X-Type then are few of us are building them in this thread, you would be welcome to add your build to the list

                                            #346501
                                            RICHARD GREEN 2
                                            Participant
                                              @richardgreen2

                                              Jason, Yes it's the X type.

                                              #348672
                                              John Pemberton 1
                                              Participant
                                                @johnpemberton1

                                                Looks marvelous, ready now to go rallying!!

                                                #348680
                                                Martin Kyte
                                                Participant
                                                  @martinkyte99762
                                                  Posted by RICHARD GREEN 2 on 17/03/2018 10:58:25:

                                                  Hello Bazyle, The castings are by EKP Supplies in Devon, as far as I know they are still available.

                                                  Jason, Over the past 7 years I built up a collection of casting sets for other models,

                                                  Stuart S50

                                                  Stuart compound marine engine

                                                  Alyn Foundry Robinson gas engine

                                                  Fairbanks gas engine

                                                  Savage engine "Nicholas"

                                                  Stuart No9

                                                  2 x Stuart steam hammers

                                                  Stuart 6A compound marine engine

                                                  So I've got plenty to go at, my only decision is , which to start first !

                                                  The Burrell is for sale, If it sells that's OK, if it dosen't I don't mind, though I would gain a lot of workshop space if it did sell……………………

                                                  Richard.

                                                  See, my trouble is I would not have been able to resist doing 'just a bit' on some of that other stuff and then ended up with multiple part built projects. Lovely engine and well done for not getting distracted.

                                                  regards Martin

                                                Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
                                                • Please log in to reply to this topic. Registering is free and easy using the links on the menu at the top of this page.

                                                Latest Replies

                                                Home › Forums › Traction engines › Topics

                                                Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
                                                Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

                                                View full reply list.