240/415 motor

240/415 motor

Home › Forums › General Questions › 240/415 motor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #124566
    ron grimshaw
    Participant
      @rongrimshaw76129

      Hi all

      I have just been given a chop saw from a window frame company that as run on 3 phase the motor is a asincrono 1.5hp it state that its 240/415, does this mean that it can be run on single phase with just some wiring change.

      I have no knowledge in electrics when it comes to motors, Would I need to get a convertor and if so which one and from where.

      Ron

      #22717
      ron grimshaw
      Participant
        @rongrimshaw76129
        #124568
        Michael Gilligan
        Participant
          @michaelgilligan61133

          Ron,

          No … a three phase motor is always a three phase motor.

          240/415 is to do with Star/Delta connection.

          The good news is that if you wire it for "240" you can drive it from a Static Inverter; which generates three phase from a household single phase input.

          Others on this forum will be able to advise you in much more detail, but I thought I should start the ball rolling.

          MichaelG.

          #124570
          ron grimshaw
          Participant
            @rongrimshaw76129

            Thanks for that quick response

            Ron

          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • Please log in to reply to this topic. Registering is free and easy using the links on the menu at the top of this page.

          Latest Replies

          Home › Forums › General Questions › Topics

          Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
          Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

          View full reply list.