SOS! Rare 1950’s tapered brass ‘Bray 657A’ valve (or someone who could repair

SOS! Rare 1950’s tapered brass ‘Bray 657A’ valve (or someone who could repair

Home › Forums › General Questions › SOS! Rare 1950’s tapered brass ‘Bray 657A’ valve (or someone who could repair

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #867770
    Bill Phinn
    Participant
      @billphinn90025

      H & S is a growth industry

      Largely because litigation is an even bigger growth industry, and corporate and institutional risk management prioritises litigation avoidance above pretty much everything else.

      Once the lad you taught has got the relevant paperwork, corporations and institutions will feel protected sending him out on jobs. With all your experience but without the relevant paperwork your employability is on about the same level as someone turning up for a job interview at the Houses of Parliament with a barrel of gunpowder under his arm and calling himself Guy Fawkes.

      #867782
      Andrew Tinsley
      Participant
        @andrewtinsley63637

        My annoyance is well founded. If I have an electrician’s ticket, then I am deemed to be competent at repair and installation. If that is the case, why must I hold a test and inspection certificate to certify my own work? I consider this to be totally illogical. I can understand the need for a test and inspection ticket, if I am asked to check an installation that I have not installed, but for my own work? Come off it this is just stupid!

        As for the necessity to belong to some body that merely takes a fair amount of cash from me and does nothing else that is useful to me, I consider that to simply be a rip off. Would anyone who is a rules and regulations stickler, like to point out where I am wrong and how the twisted logic makes any sense?

        Andrew.

        #867800
        Martin Johnson 1
        Participant
          @martinjohnson1
          With all your experience but without the relevant paperwork your employability is on about the same level as someone turning up for a job interview at the Houses of Parliament with a barrel of gunpowder under his arm and calling himself Guy Fawkes.
          Well I would be happy to employ Mr Fawkes in his specialist area of expertise……………………  The only man ever to get into parliament with honest intentions.
          Martin

           

          #867818
          duncan webster 1
          Participant
            @duncanwebster1

            Don’t just rant on here, no-one with any influence is listening. Write to your MP with a detailed explanation, then there is some small chance of getting it changed.

            We won’t get away from a requirement for competence, and self assessment isn’t going to work, loads of people who shouldn’t be let loose to change a light bulb would just blithely assume they were competent to work on mains circuits.

          Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
          • Please log in to reply to this topic. Registering is free and easy using the links on the menu at the top of this page.

          Latest Replies

          Home › Forums › General Questions › Topics

          Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
          Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

          View full reply list.