New NVR switch for Naerok Pillar Drill.

Advert

New NVR switch for Naerok Pillar Drill.

Home Forums Manual machine tools New NVR switch for Naerok Pillar Drill.

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    hejay
    Participant
      @hejay

Hey, hope you don’t mind me joining this thread. I’d be interested in a foot operated kill switch. I remember in school they used to have a kick switch, it was a solid piece of metal you could kick. I can’t find anything similar that can be retrofitted. Has anyone made one?

Advert
      JasonB
        @jasonb

You can get “mushroom” topped emergency switches that can be floor mounted for foot operation for about £30. Longer bar type kick switches for a couple of hundred quid

larry phelan 1
        Participant
          @larryphelan1

Just an observation, I often wondered why switches on drilling machines are fitted on the left hand side ?

Perhaps to make things more exciting when the drill jams in the job ?.   Been there/done that !

Chris Crew
          Participant
            @chriscrew66644

“Just an observation, I often wondered why switches on drilling machines are fitted on the left hand side ?”

I would think it is so that it doesn’t get in the way of the spokes of the ‘spider’ on the right hand side, possibly?

bernard towers
            Participant
              @bernardtowers37738

The switch is on the lefthand side because the righthand is holding the quill handle and with the work properly held down this leaves the lefthand for the switch. (From my Tech days in the 60’s)

noel shelley
              Participant
                @noelshelley55608

IF you have a No Volt type switch then any number of cutouts can be arrange to break the coil holding circuit, hand ,Foot, pull string Etc. For those who only have 2 hands a Normally open micro switch and a suitable pedal wired into the above circuit would work – foot on SW for running remove foot to STOP ! If doing this type of thing REMEMBER you are using 240v or 415v and need to understand what your doing – 12 or 24v control circuits are possible BUT that’s another story ! As to why on the left – Chris has answered. Noel.

hejay
                Participant
                  @hejay

Hey Noel, thanks for your reply. I have seen the mushroom shaped ones, they are too big for my liking. I’d probably step on top of it rather than kicking it. I had seen one kick plate and it was around the price you mentioned, too much for my liking!

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)