ME4717 Miscollation

ME4717 Miscollation

Home › Forums › Model Engineer. › ME4717 Miscollation

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #645327
    Hopper
    Participant
      @hopper
      Posted by duncan webster on 16/05/2023 00:10:04:

      I just took out the staples, shuffled the pages and put the staples back. It only took a few minutes. We are after all supposed to be engineers. To quote Forest Gump "shit happens". I'd ampily that, live with it.

      Putting new meaning into a "DIY magazine". Percival Marshall would be proud of you.

      #645336
      Diane Carney
      Moderator
        @dianecarney30678

        Please note that the latest issue of Model Engineer, 4717, has suffered a pagination error in that there are whole sections out of order. The printers have taken responsibility and the issue will be reprinted and a new copy will be posted to subscribers in due course (asap).

        Many apologies

        Edited By JasonB on 16/05/2023 09:49:31

        #645401
        Nick Clarke 3
        Participant
          @nickclarke3

          Sometimes the serendipitous nature of things raises a smile with Luker's Quarry engine description apparently illustrated by one of Doug Hewson's B1 pictures!

          It will never fit in the quarry!

          #645418
          Michael Gilligan
          Participant
            @michaelgilligan61133

            Just so MEW subscribers don’t feel left-out:

            No. 328 arrived today … the first group of real pages [i.e. excluding the covers] has not been slit at 4|5

            MichaelG.

            #645429
            Martin Kyte
            Participant
              @martinkyte99762

              So is no-one saving them to sell in future years on eBay as collectors items like stamps with no perforations etc.

              🥴

              #645431
              Michael Johnson 6
              Participant
                @michaeljohnson6

                I see from an email received earlier today that they are going to do a reprint and distribute in the next few days. Probably not really required as I expect most have done what I did and removed the staples and re-assembled in the correct order??

                #645435
                Michael Gilligan
                Participant
                  @michaelgilligan61133
                  Posted by Michael Johnson 6 on 16/05/2023 20:25:13:

                  I see from an email received earlier today that they are going to do a reprint and distribute in the next few days. Probably not really required as I expect most have done what I did and removed the staples and re-assembled in the correct order??

                  .

                  But the punishment has to fit the crime … otherwise “standards might slip”

                  MichaelG.

                  #646160
                  Nicholas Farr
                  Participant
                    @nicholasfarr14254

                    Hi, my replacement ME 4717 was delivered this morning. I'll probably take the other one to a charity shop at sometime.

                    Regards Nick.

                    #646169
                    KWIL
                    Participant
                      @kwil

                      Me too 11.00 this morning

                      #646187
                      edintheclouds
                      Participant
                        @edintheclouds

                        Just recieved my second copy of ME, thumbing through it thinking that looks a lot better, until page 713-714, one edge has been screwed up and torn. At least I have two copies I can make one good copy from both of them.

                        #646192
                        Bazyle
                        Participant
                          @bazyle

                          Got my second copy today. Great thing is I can frame one to have a picture of David's lovely G2 loco in the workshop.
                          If you want to know more about G2 then David is a regular on the Gaugeone3Dcircle weekly zoom calls.

                        Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
                        • Please log in to reply to this topic. Registering is free and easy using the links on the menu at the top of this page.

                        Latest Replies

                        Home › Forums › Model Engineer. › Topics

                        Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
                        Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

                        View full reply list.