Bengs models ‘Sophie’

Advert

Bengs models ‘Sophie’

Home Forums Drawing Errors and Corrections Bengs models ‘Sophie’

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    JasonB
      @jasonb

As you say Part 11 which I would term the "port face" is soldered onto the cylinder.

Part 12 would be better off named the "valve chest"

Part 13 I would call the "valve chest cover"

Parts 12 and 13 have the six clearance holes to allow then to be fixed into the matching six threaded holes in part 11 with screws, bolts or studs and nuts.

Part 14 is soldered to the top of the valve chest part 12 and acts to guide the flat rods that run up either side of the valve chest.

Part 15 looks to be the gland that solders into the valve chest (flat side) cover for the in coming steam/air.

Part 16 can be soldered or retained with loctite into the bottom of the valve chest part 12 to close that off.

The actual valve is likely to be on the next drawing and will be a cylindrical shape with a reduced diameter in the middle to fit the reamed hole in part 12 this would be termed a bobbin, spool or piston valve. This will have a hole for the valve rod and depending how they provide adjustment may be clearance or threaded, though could just be a solid part in the form of the long valve rod with two larger diameter "rings" at one end to form the bobbin.

Hope that helps, any more queries just ask or if you want a sketch of how it goes together that may be easier to visualise.

Edited By JasonB on 26/02/2020 13:41:24

Advert
      Garry Andrews
      Participant
        @garryandrews80295

Dear Jason,

Thank you so much for your detailed response to my problem. I now can't wait to get into the workshop and get on with it.

Hopefully this will see me through to the finish, but if i get stuck i will take you up on your kind offer of further assistance

regards Garry

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)