Test Thread for inserting images

Advert

Test Thread for inserting images

Home Forums New Forum Software questions, comments and Test Threads Test Thread for inserting images

Viewing 18 posts - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    John Hinkley
    Participant
      @johnhinkley26699

As an experiment, I’m going to try to insert a 3D rotatable pdf image.  If it works you can left-click and drag on part of the picture to change the view.  If it doesn’t accept it, you won’t!

Well, it didn’t.  It will only accept jpeg, png or gif images, not pdf as we were promised.  Shame.

John

Advert
      Michael Gilligan
      Participant
        @michaelgilligan61133

PDFs can be stored in your ‘Documents Gallery’

… might be worth trying that

MichaelG.

JasonB
          @jasonb

As Michael says you can put PDFs XLS and DOC format files into a gallery (set it as a document gallery) and then they can be clicked on if you copy and paste the url into a reply

The 3D ones can also be uploaded but you will nee dto download and open in say Adobe to get the 3D to work try this one 

As a PDF is not an image file extension it is not unreasonable for a icon marked “insert IMAGE” not to work.

John Hinkley
          Participant
            @johnhinkley26699

Thanks, Michael and Jason,

I’ll try your suggestions and see how I get on.

John

ianj
            Participant
              @ians

Just a try at inserting a photoPC190708 (Small)

ianj
              Participant
                @ians

Just a try at inserting a photo.PC190708 (Small)

peak4
                Participant
                  @peak4
                  On ianj Said:

Just a try at inserting a photo.

That seemed to work well enough.
                  Just out of curiosity, what size was it before you uploaded it to the site.
                  It’s displaying @ 640×480
                  Also out of curiosity, was it taken on an Olympus?
                  Bill

ianj
                  Participant
                    @ians

Hi Bill.

I resized it from 1600 x 1200 to 854 x 480 before uploading it. It appears twice because I got an error report the first time so tried again, but when I looked the first one had loaded any way!

Yes it was taken using a Olympus X-43, how did you know that?

Ian

Alan Jackson
                    Participant
                      @alanjackson47790

PICT0016PICT0010

KEITH BEAUMONT
                      Participant
                        @keithbeaumont45476

As things are gradually getting better ,I thought it tine to try and load a photoas a diredt drag and drop from my Desktop. Whoops, Onlly the top showing ,unless we scroll down. Are we limited to space allowed?

Keith

3-DSC04413

KEITH BEAUMONT
                        Participant
                          @keithbeaumont45476

After the long wait to load ,after pressing the submit button, I get the full photo. I can see this being confusing when trying to load several photos.

Keith

Jss
                          Participant
                            @jss

Latest attempt at posting an image.

IMGP0845

This is the set up for truing up the top surface of the tee slot in the saddle of my Coronet Major woodworking lathe.

John

Alan Jackson
                            Participant
                              @alanjackson47790

I know I should not mention the Home shop Machinist site but they give you the option when you upload a photo of, full size, half size and a small size photo to be inserted with your text.

Alan

Yngvar F
                              Participant
                                @yngvarf

IMG_0077IMG_1049

Terry Kirkup
                                Participant
                                  @terrykirkup37827

So does anyone know what the “gallery” option is for? I created one and stuck 3 photos in there, assuming I’d insert them into my post from the gallery as we did from albums, but no sign of any access to do that. Puzzled.

Michael Gilligan
                                  Participant
                                    @michaelgilligan61133
                                    On Terry Kirkup Said:

So does anyone know what the “gallery” option is for? …

It appears to be somewhere that an opportunist can advertise for free

https://www.model-engineer.co.uk/members/purchaserpk/mediapress/purchaserpk/

MichaelG.

Clive Hartland
                                    Participant
                                      @clivehartland94829

At long last I have found how to post a reply, I have fumbled my way through the new format slowly.

Not sure I like it to much, lots of indistinct controls like the, ‘Reply button’.

peak4
                                      Participant
                                        @peak4

Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo Zoll P3150151_400 ♥ enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut  odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?

Yet another experiment, Now uploaded a 400 pixel wide image, resized it after uploading to about 200, since that now seems to work, and dragged it to a place in the text adjacent to the heart symbol in the preview pane.

Bill

Viewing 18 posts - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)