FORUM DOWNTIME AND RESULTING ISSUES REPORTING

Advert

FORUM DOWNTIME AND RESULTING ISSUES REPORTING

Home Forums Website Announcements FORUM DOWNTIME AND RESULTING ISSUES REPORTING

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    dhendley
    Keymaster
      @dhendley

Please use this thread for reporting problems only, not for feature requests etc.

Advert
      dhendley
      Keymaster
        @dhendley

Good afternoon everyone,

As you may be aware, Model Engineer, Model Engineers' Workshop and Model Boats were recently acquired by Mortons Media Group.

This thread would be a good place to post with any problems you are having with the sites.

The reason for this post is that tomorrow (8 June) we are planning to upgrade the server. If everything goes to plan we will be up and running by Wednesday evening.

Anything you post after 1.00am on the 8th may not transition to the new server, so it is worth holding off, or keeping a local copy.

Thank you.

JasonB
          @jasonb

BUMP

Nicholas Farr
          Participant
            @nicholasfarr14254

Hi, thanks for the notification.

Regards Nick.

Ady1
            Participant
              @ady1

Oh goody an upgrade smiley

Frances IoM
              Participant
                @francesiom58905

looks as though you got the times wrong as seems a switch over occurred at 1400 hrs

Joseph Noci 1
                Participant
                  @josephnoci1

And from 14H00 today the MEW site comes back with a 'not-secure' certificate and is blacklisted by Chrome and Norton antivirus…can only access the site in 'unsafe' mode, ie, virus check is disabled on this site now – also had to re-enter my logon info…in unsafe mode…

Reports as :

This server could not prove that it is http://www.model-engineer.co.uk; its security certificate is from *.mortons.co.uk. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

obviously not an attacker, but certainly misconfigured.

Also makes it difficult to post anything, as Norton rejects the effort until I tell it to ignore the danger..

Edited By Joseph Noci 1 on 08/06/2022 14:23:24

peak4
                  Participant
                    @peak4

I think you may have lost posts before 13.00 as well.
                    I replied to one by Michael Gilligan which he started at 8.01 this morning (8th) which seems to have vanished.
                    I am also receiving the same security warnings as Joseph.

Bill

JasonB
                      @jasonb

Bill and Francis, OP say 1.00 am not 1 pm and posts have been lost since then going by what is showing in latest posts

I've not had a problem getting back on and it's showing the secure padlock at the start of the URL

Edited By JasonB on 08/06/2022 17:17:38

Edited By JasonB on 08/06/2022 18:12:26

David Jupp
                      Participant
                        @davidjupp51506

There was an issue with https etc earlier today, the site then went down again (presumably whilst it was fixed).

Site seems more responsive then before, though my login just now was extraordinarily slow…(hopefully a one off).

JasonB
                          @jasonb

Darren, unable to upload photos to an album as of 17.21

dhendley
                          Keymaster
                            @dhendley
                            Posted by JasonB on 08/06/2022 17:21:29:

Darren, unable to upload photos to an album as of 17.21

Thanks Jason, we'll have a look

Is anyone else having problems with images?

Sorry for the false start earlier with the SSL certificate!

Roger Clark
                            Participant
                              @rogerclark

I've lost inbox messages posted at 10:36 and 13:59

Roger

Dalboy
                              Participant
                                @dalboy

Not sure what happened but it seems that a whole thread has disappeared. Also the spell checker is still not working

JasonB
                                  @jasonb

Any post or new threads that they were contained in after 01.00 today will have gone AWOL as Darren said they may do yesterday.

I expect PM will be the same as will uploaded images.

As I said in this thread this morning there would have been a cut off time (01.00) at which point the old data was backed up and then moved over to the new server. Anything posted after that time and until new posts go to the new server will have been lost and that is why Darren said make a copy if it was important.

JasonB
                                    @jasonb

Darren, re images it tells me to refer to admin or if admin click this link, hope it makes more sense to you than it does me. I'm running W10 and Chrome.

Edited By JasonB on 08/06/2022 18:14:59

David Jupp
                                    Participant
                                      @davidjupp51506

Login is still VERY slow, to extent that I thought the site had frozen….

JasonB
                                        @jasonb

Now unable to edit albums which is the step before adding new images, just get 404 error

Login is instant for me if I log out and back in again

Bad spelling now getting the red squiggly line under it as it used to (thank god) , was not doing it earlier

Edited By JasonB on 08/06/2022 18:37:29

dhendley
                                        Keymaster
                                          @dhendley

Thanks everyone, we are looking now but might have to wait until morning as not everyone is around

Nicholas Farr
                                          Participant
                                            @nicholasfarr14254

Hi, everything seems to be working faster, but tried to upload a photo in one of my albums, got to click on the upload photos and then got the error 404.

Regards Nick.

peak4
                                            Participant
                                              @peak4
                                              Posted by JasonB on 08/06/2022 17:16:09:

Bill and Francis, OP say 1.00 am not 1 pm and posts have been lost since then going by what is showing in latest posts

Edited By JasonB on 08/06/2022 18:12:26

Well spotted.
                                              I did read it, thought 1pm was a funny time for a server upgrade, re-read it to confirm, and still came up with the wrong time. blush

Thanks for the hard work, site certainly seems to load faster now.

Bill

dhendley
                                              Keymaster
                                                @dhendley

That's really good news about it running faster. Hopefully the log in speed will settle down. The image 404 should be working tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience everyone

JasonB
                                                  @jasonb

Just to let you know I'm now getting 500- internal server error when I click UPLOAD, am now able to select the images I want to add which was lost for a time.

Thor 🇳🇴
                                                  Participant
                                                    @thor

I too get the same error as Jason when trying to upload a photo to my Album.

Thor

Roger Clark
                                                    Participant
                                                      @rogerclark

I'm getting the same error at 11:17

Roger

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 178 total)