FORUM DOWNTIME AND RESULTING ISSUES REPORTING

Advert

FORUM DOWNTIME AND RESULTING ISSUES REPORTING

Home Forums Website Announcements FORUM DOWNTIME AND RESULTING ISSUES REPORTING

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    dhendley
    Keymaster
      @dhendley
      Posted by JasonB on 30/06/2022 14:41:42:

Clicking "digital" on the black bar works for me as does magazines. BUT they open up a separate login page and then when you log in opens the current issue in the viewer so you need to click the three bars top right to select archive.

At the moment the "digital" route takes me to ME only and "Magazines" gives me the option of ME or MEW

Previously the usual route was "magazines" then select ME or MEW and then that archive would open. I suspect as the archive is on classicmags and the forum on ME.co.uk there is the need for the second login.

Edited By JasonB on 30/06/2022 14:43:43

Yep, that's it. On the digital landing page you should see a link for both ME and MEW

Advert
      JasonB
        @jasonb

One other thing on the login screen that comes up both links under" How do I access the archive" just bring me back to that same screen

EDIT. I've got it now but maybe not the best wording. Click either link and the cover changes from ME to MEW and if if you then login it takes you to whichever of the two is showing.

May be better if it said "select title then Login" rather than "How do I access the Archive"

digital.jpg

Edited By JasonB on 30/06/2022 14:49:24

Edited By JasonB on 30/06/2022 14:53:04

John Hinkley
        Participant
          @johnhinkley26699

Right, video editing finished and you can forget everything I posted at 08:08:07. Having read your and Jason's exchange, I now realise that I need to select the required publication from the two archive options before logging in.. This then works entirely as it should. (I only subscribe to MEW and not ME.)

Sorry to have led you on a wild goose chase!

Off to find get a slice of humble pie to have with my afternoon cuppa!

John

Edited By John Hinkley on 30/06/2022 15:04:58

dhendley
          Keymaster
            @dhendley
            Posted by John Hinkley on 30/06/2022 15:04:44:

Right, video editing finished and you can forget everything I posted at 08:08:07. Having read your and Jason's exchange, I now realise that I need to select the required publication from the two archive options before logging in.. This then works entirely as it should. (I only subscribe to MEW and not ME.)

Sorry to have led you on a wild goose chase!

Off to find get a slice of humble pie to have with my afternoon cuppa!

John

Edited By John Hinkley on 30/06/2022 15:04:58

smiley

Graham Meek
            Participant
              @grahammeek88282

Darren / Jason,

I noticed in my Compact 5 post today there are images not present. Clicking on them it says they cannot be found or have been removed. Although the originals are still in my albums. Did this occur because of the change over? OR Is there another reason?

Regards

Gray,

JasonB
                @jasonb

I'm not sure why Gray as your post was pre changeover. I have hopefully put them back into the first post.

J

Graham Meek
                Participant
                  @grahammeek88282

Thanks Jason, I can see them OK,

Regards

Gray,

David George 1
                  Participant
                    @davidgeorge1

I still have problems with my Samsung tablet with security. Galaxy tab S2. Android version 7

It is wearysome to keep telling the tablet to ignore the problem and sometimes losing the writing I have spent a while writing to find it bombs out and the input has gone and have to start again. I am loath to buy a new tablet just for this web site as there are no problems with any other web site.

David George

KEITH BEAUMONT
                    Participant
                      @keithbeaumont45476

David,

Are you sure you are not getting caught by that "clever" feature that wipes all you have written if you back track to a previous post while writing. It has caught me out a couple of times and is a pain.

Keith.

Anonymous
                        Posted by KEITH BEAUMONT on 09/07/2022 09:02:53:

David,

Are you sure you are not getting caught by that "clever" feature that wipes all you have written if you back track to a previous post while writing. It has caught me out a couple of times and is a pain.

Keith.

David is sure, I have the same problem with an older Samsung Galaxy. Some days you can go straight into the forum no problem, other days you get the unsafe screen and have to override it, then at various times during the session as you move around the forum it dumps you back to the unsafe screen again. I'm not getting rid of the tablet just because one site causes me problems as has been suggested earlier in the thread same as David.

Mick

John Purdy
                        Participant
                          @johnpurdy78347

Slightly off topic but as Keith says, after being caught out a number of times loosing all I've typed in a post when going back to a previous thread (or for other reasons) I now always compose my post, if it's more than a line or two, in "notepad" then copy and paste it into the forum. That way I don't loss it no matter what.

John

Roger Woollett
                          Participant
                            @rogerwoollett53105

Two minor forum issues.

The menu bar (white text on black background) appears in the wrong place using Firefox 102.0.1 (64-bit)

Also the copyright notices at the bottom of the page is still for MTM

Versaboss
                            Participant
                              @versaboss

As this seems to be the place for all strange things, I present mine here.
                              Not that it disturbs me much, but strange it is nonetheless.

I am – for more time that I dare to think – a loyal user of Opera. But now, when I open the forum page, I get this:

opera.jpg

whereas, when using Firefox, the page looks like that:

firefox.jpg

But please do not propose to ditch Opera – I will never do that!

Is Opera too fast to find the advertisement???

Regards, Hans

Edited By Versaboss on 10/07/2022 14:59:51

dhendley
                              Keymaster
                                @dhendley

Hi everyone,

We are testing using a different security certificate. If you were getting the unsafe message previously, could you try again now and let me know?

Thanks

SillyOldDuffer
                                  @sillyoldduffer
                                  Posted by Versaboss on 10/07/2022 14:58:29:

As this seems to be the place for all strange things, I present mine here.
                                  Not that it disturbs me much, but strange it is nonetheless.

I am – for more time that I dare to think – a loyal user of Opera. But now, when I open the forum page, I get this:

opera.jpg

whereas, when using Firefox, the page looks like that:

firefox.jpg

But please do not propose to ditch Opera – I will never do that!

Is Opera too fast to find the advertisement???

Regards, Hans

'Is Opera too fast to find the advertisement?' might be the answer! Is Opera's ad-blocking feature switched on? Opera claims speed advantages as a result of not retrieving or displaying any link in a webpage that might be an advert.

Ad-blockers usually allow advertising hosted directly by a website and only strip material hosted by an external website, especially those known to vend adverts. The Chronos ad in the top banner today comes from 'servedbyadbutler.com', so an obvious target. Possibly Opera removes it, whilst Firefox doesn't. (Ad-blocking is a Firefox add-on, which has to be specifically installed by users and activated.)

Ad-blocking isn't entirely trouble free. Normally adverts are removed seamlessly, or they leave a harmless blank space, but stripping them out sometimes disrupts the format of legitimate content, causing odd side-effects like overlapping text and/or images.

Dave

vic newey
                                  Participant
                                    @vicnewey60017

I've been seeing one line jumbled over another on every forum post for quite some time as on these two examples, I'm using Chromeme.jpg

Anonymous
                                      Posted by Darren H on 12/07/2022 11:44:54:

Hi everyone,

We are testing using a different security certificate. If you were getting the unsafe message previously, could you try again now and let me know?

Thanks

After all my previous problems I'm getting in with no issues now yes

dhendley
                                      Keymaster
                                        @dhendley

Thanks Bezzer – that's goo to know!

Nicholas Farr
                                        Participant
                                          @nicholasfarr14254

Hi Darren H, just tried my android 7 mobile and didn't get any error or unsafe messages, so looks to be OK.

Regards Nick.

David George 1
                                          Participant
                                            @davidgeorge1

NO PROBLEMS WOOOO HOOO !!! Thanks Darren.

David

Versaboss
                                            Participant
                                              @versaboss

I'm glad to report that the strange bar above the webpage disappears (and the Chronos ad becomes visible) when I switch the ad blocker off.

The 'jumbled lines' as reported by Vic Newey I get also on my screen.

Regards,
                                              Hans

Eugene Fichter
                                              Participant
                                                @eugenefichter11418

I am trying to access the archive and the system asks for my 'customer id'. I have only a digital subscription so I have no mailing label to look at. Where do I find the 'customer id'?

Dennis D
                                                Participant
                                                  @dennisd

Eugene

You should have had an email with your new ID. Check your spam folder thats where I found mine. It will be from Classic Magazines

Eugene Fichter
                                                  Participant
                                                    @eugenefichter11418

Thanks, Dennis.

My mail system deletes spam after 30 days. I have searched the whole mail system and find nothing from Classic Magazines. Is there somewhere else I can find the 'customer id'?

JasonB
                                                      @jasonb

From an earlier post

"Currently, the only way to get it is from the cover sheet that gets posted with the magazine, or by emailing or calling customer services: 01507 529529 – emailqueries@mortons.co.uk "

If you pay by Direct Debit you would have got an e-mail from "dd_confirmation" about 4 weeks ago. Not sure when others went out so best use the phone or e-mail in that post.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 178 total)