BAMFORD TULIP TOP ENGINE

Advert

BAMFORD TULIP TOP ENGINE

Home Forums I/C Engines BAMFORD TULIP TOP ENGINE

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RICHARD GREEN 2
    Participant
      @richardgreen2
      Advert
      RICHARD GREEN 2
      Participant
        @richardgreen2

I have just aquired a set of castings to build the "Bamford tulip top engine", almost identical to the engine that Ronnie Bickerton built a few years ago,

Is Ronnie still about ?

Unfortunately I have no drawings , so any dimentions would be very helpful, like bore and stroke, cam gear dimentions etc, all I know is the flywheels are 8" diameter,

Any help would be well received,

Thanks,

Richard.

dsc00465.jpg

dsc00464.jpg

Brian H
        Participant
          @brianh50089

Hello Richard, shame that no one has responded as yet. I wonder if someone on the site below could help.

https://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com

Brian

JasonB
            @jasonb

Jo on Modelenginemaker forum bought a set from Adrain at Engineer's Emporium a couple of years back who had bought a few sets said to be cast from Ronnie's patterns and I think he also got the patterns. She said she would do him a set of drawings, though nothing has materialised and she was just going to base them on an RLE .

It's not that good a representation of the Bamford, better described as "inspired by" rather than a scale model. There was a two page article in Stationary Engine mag which is also reproduced in their book on models but no sizes given

RICHARD GREEN 2
            Participant
              @richardgreen2

Has anyone got any details regarding the gears on the RLE engine, OD , tooth count, DP etc,

I have a set of drawings, but the details of the gears is well faded and unreadable,

Richard.

JasonB
                @jasonb

Graham use Mechano gears on his original one but 40DP 26T/52T is what a lot of people use. It doe snot matter too much so long as you get the 2:1 ratio so anything from 40:20T to 60:30T will do so long as ctrs are about the same which is around 1"

Edited By JasonB on 06/11/2021 18:26:48

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)