2″ Traction Engine Boiler

2″ Traction Engine Boiler

Home › Forums › Beginners questions › 2″ Traction Engine Boiler

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #601680
    Andrew Debieux
    Participant
      @andrewdebieux43724

      Hi, quite new to this but thought I would ask the experts. I have one of my late fathers all copper boilers in 2" scale I understand The diameter of the tube is 4 1/2" and the length 18 3/8" ( 115mm x 465mm). There are 12 copper tubes and the boiler is stamped R.C.285, the maker I guess. The copper is very thick and all silver soldered.

      I would like to know if possible what traction engine this was made for. Thank you

      #11239
      Andrew Debieux
      Participant
        @andrewdebieux43724

        Boiler identification

        #601689
        Baz
        Participant
          @baz89810

          Not a clue what traction engine it is for but RC is Reg Chambers who was based in Weymouth, unfortunately he died quite a few years ago.

          #601698
          Paul Lousick
          Participant
            @paullousick59116

            Hi Andrew,

            Its not possible to tell what the boiler is for without more information. It could be for anything.

            Photos would be a great help.

            #601719
            JasonB
            Moderator
              @jasonb

              Can safely say it's not the Fowler A7, 2" Minnie, Burrell GMT, 16NHP plough or the BB1 Plough.

              May be D&NY or a Plastow engine

            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • Please log in to reply to this topic. Registering is free and easy using the links on the menu at the top of this page.

            Latest Replies

            Home › Forums › Beginners questions › Topics

            Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
            Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

            View full reply list.