XYZ1500 Belt Head Turret Mill

XYZ1500 Belt Head Turret Mill

Home › Forums › Manual machine tools › XYZ1500 Belt Head Turret Mill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #659744
    Lee Reynolds 1
    Participant
      @leereynolds1

      Hi,

      Has anyone any experience with an XYZ1500 Belt Head Turret Mill, either good or bad!

      Many thanks

      Lee

      #14901
      Lee Reynolds 1
      Participant
        @leereynolds1
        #659747
        Alan Waddington 2
        Participant
          @alanwaddington2
          Posted by Lee Reynolds 1 on 10/09/2023 15:00:21:

          Hi,

          Has anyone any experience with an XYZ1500 Belt Head Turret Mill, either good or bad!

          Many thanks

          Lee

          Not sure if relevant but i bought an XYZ 2000 PRO to sell on, seemed like a nice machine, was half tempted to keep it. Think most Bridgeport copies are much of a muchness. It’s more about buying on condition really, a lot of turrets have a hard life with little or no maintenance.

          #659757
          Alan Waddington 2
          Participant
            @alanwaddington2

            img_1194.jpeg20220213_121727.jpeg20220213_121709.jpeg

            #659761
            Ady1
            Participant
              @ady1

              I've been "CNC mill" watching on ebay for a few months now and rather a lot of them have been popping up

              If they're any good then someones had a clearout and opportunity is knocking

              #659763
              Alan Waddington 2
              Participant
                @alanwaddington2
                Posted by Ady1 on 10/09/2023 17:23:24:

                I've been "CNC mill" watching on ebay for a few months now and rather a lot of them have been popping up

                If they're any good then someones had a clearout and opportunity is knocking

                 

                Definitely a buyers market at the moment

                 

                Edited By Alan Waddington 2 on 10/09/2023 17:29:24

                #659801
                Keith Rogers 2
                Participant
                  @keithrogers2

                  Hi Lee.

                  Yes I've got one. I've been using it for a number of years for hobby use and I've been very happy with it. I have got power feed on X and Y which saves a lot of handle twiddling, (wish I had one on the knee!). It has though auto feed on the quill which is great for using a boring head.

                  The only problems I've had with it was that the top bearing on the spindle became noisy, a fairly simple job to replace.

                  At the right price a very capable machine with lots of grunt and in my experience worth getting.

                  Keith.

                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • Please log in to reply to this topic. Registering is free and easy using the links on the menu at the top of this page.

                Latest Replies

                Home › Forums › Manual machine tools › Topics

                Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
                Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

                View full reply list.