What’s in your Scrap Box

Advert

What’s in your Scrap Box

Home Forums Materials What’s in your Scrap Box

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    JasonB
      @jasonb

look away now if you have an aversion to Facebook.

Posts from this group have been popping up on my feed for the last couple of days, some really amazing work, I particularly like the two fishermen posted 31st Jan

Scrap metal Art

Advert
      Mike Hurley
      Participant
        @mikehurley60381

‘Whats in your scrap box ?’

Essentially a lifetime’s hope and dreams of ever becoming a half decent engineer!

Nicholas Farr
        Participant
          @nicholasfarr14254

Hi JasonB, I had a look on my phone, as I don’t use FB on my laptop, and those kinetic fishermen are very good.

Here’s a photo of similar metal artwork that I bought about 18 years ago, not exactly scrap metal, but it is in the same kind of vain.

CIMG0019#2

I liked this one, as it is represents a lot of the kind of work that I did in my day jobs.

Regards Nick.

Nigel Graham 2
          Participant
            @nigelgraham2

Lots of bits of Versions 1, 2, 3…

Lots of bits still large enough to be useful, and plenty that are not…

Lots of dropped small objects….

Lost of cobwebs and dead invertebrates….

Journeyman
            Participant
              @journeyman

All I get from FaceBook is “Must Log In” to continue❗️

John

Diogenes
              Participant
                @diogenes

John, does it say ‘Must’ ?

I don’t have F/B, but the pop-up signin request has a cross in the corner and I can just make it go away.. ..there might be another thing after that, but that can go too..

Some good stuff ..maybe we should have our own forum ‘Scrap-box Art Challenge’

Journeyman
                Participant
                  @journeyman

Unfortunately yes, I would like to view but this is what I get:-

Screenshot at 2024-02-08 18-07-57

Perhaps I will make my own😄

John

JasonB
                    @jasonb

John, unless you have signed up for facebook you are unlikely to be able to log in so click the green “create an account” and see what you are missing.

Nicholas Farr
                    Participant
                      @nicholasfarr14254

Hi Diogenes, I get exactly the same thing as John has shown when using my laptop.

Regards Nick.

Journeyman
                      Participant
                        @journeyman

Ah yes, provide my details to Mr Mark Zuckerberg who has, shall we say, dubious reasons for collecting said data… I think not.

John

Diogenes
                        Participant
                          @diogenes

I get it – I’m viewing from a PC with a big screen, I can see the permanent ‘sign in’ thing, but here it’s just a banner at the bottom.

Frances IoM
                          Participant
                            @francesiom58905
                            On Journeyman Said:

Ah yes, provide my details to Mr Mark Zuckerberg who has, shall we say, dubious reasons for collecting said data… I think not.

John

don’t worry others provide your information (intrusion of privacy etc) as part of the price they pay for the ‘free’ services – just like the google cookies that this site makes use of – their payment to use google catcha is your privacy; catch is this surveillance economy trumps all others as merely required a small percentage of users to agree and no other scheme can gain traction

JasonB
                              @jasonb
                              On Journeyman Said:

John

Well that is why I said “look away” rather than detract from the good work being shown there.

Hnclad
                              Participant
                                @hnclad

Hi. Have a piece of Starrett precision ground flat stock 1/8″x8″x18″ AISI 01 for sale I live in Ontario Canada. $200.

Email hnclad64@gmail.com.

Thanks

David.

JasonB
                                  @jasonb

Please use the classifieds section for sales.

Nigel Graham 2
                                  Participant
                                    @nigelgraham2

I don’t have a “scrap box”….

Just a heap of bar-ends, off-cuts, salvage and, umm, let’s call ’em “re-works” that eventually become too small to use, then go in the swarf bucket!

Bazyle
                                    Participant
                                      @bazyle

So difficult to know with FB that what you linked is what they decide to send you . Anyway some really talented artists there unlike the producers of graffiti, beds, and corpses that get all the publicity.

Oldiron
                                      Participant
                                        @oldiron
                                        On Nigel Graham 2 Said:

I don’t have a “scrap box”….

Just a heap of bar-ends, off-cuts, salvage and, umm, let’s call ’em “re-works” that eventually become too small to use, then go in the swarf bucket!

+1  No such thing as scrap metal in a small home shop. I saw Stefan Gotteswinter (great channel) in his last video pull a 300x40x10mm piece of aluminium from his”scrap” box. Stuff like that I store very carefully.

Howard Lewis
                                        Participant
                                          @howardlewis46836

In my shop, there is very little scrap, (Swarf or material too small to hold).

Being an inveterate hoarder, and too tight to throw anything away, it lingers until a use can be found for such things as a 1/4″ length of 1/2″ square bar (Flat washer, packing piece?)

Is the shop congested and untidy?  MOST definitely YES!

Howard

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)