THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE AS THE WEBSITE IS BEING WORKED ON

Advert

THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE AS THE WEBSITE IS BEING WORKED ON

Home Forums Website Announcements THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE AS THE WEBSITE IS BEING WORKED ON

Viewing 20 posts - 76 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    JasonB
      @jasonb

I had to do a lot of asking to get those two added, did not want to push my luck getting them to look half decent, at the top of the page and a consistant look to the other “buttons” on the site.

Advert
      bernard towers
      Participant
        @bernardtowers37738

Sorry Jason bnut that is just plain S****d as the rest of the buttons are at the top of the page, why would you go to the bottom of a page when you are looking at new ads. And yes when you select from latest replies from right hand column it STILL does NOT give you latest replies!!!

Ian P
        Participant
          @ianp

As a ‘Participant’ of this forum I find Jason’s remark that he had to do a lot of asking to get a small change made rather worrying. I was under the impression that Morton’s team had requested feedback (maybe in posting from Darren) so if change requests from long standing moderators are so hard to get incorporated then the hope I had that the website would be made usable (after the speed issue was sorted) is fading.

On the positive side, the speed has improved dramatically in the last few days, its getting near acceptable on my Chrome/Win 10.

Ian P

JasonB
            @jasonb

Bernard I know it is and I have also asked for what is down the right hand side to be altered many times. Ideally a more condensed version of what you get here

At the moment what time is available is being spent on sorting out the speed.

bernard towers
            Participant
              @bernardtowers37738

And why do my messages have an unread in the right hand column when they are clearly not!

Michael Gilligan
              Participant
                @michaelgilligan61133
                On bernard towers Said:

And why do my messages have an unread in the right hand column when they are clearly not!

Because in this instance ‘Unread’ is pronounced Unreed, not pronounced Unred

The Unread is there so that you may make it such, should you so wish … thus changing its status from Red to  Unred, if you see what I mean.

You will note that it is grouped with another option ‘Delete

MichaelG.

bernard towers
                Participant
                  @bernardtowers37738

What is this April 1st?

Michael Gilligan
                  Participant
                    @michaelgilligan61133

I was simply attempting to explain, Bernard

When you have worked-out the answer for yourself … please feel free to do a better job than I managed.

MichaelG.

Zan
                    Participant
                      @zan

Why can’t I reply to the question about stor@ge of milling cutters?

peak4
                      Participant
                        @peak4
                        On Zan Said:

Why can’t I reply to the question about stor@ge of milling cutters?

What happened when you tried?
                        Was there an error message, or was the reply pane, or submit button missing?

Bill

Michael Gilligan
                        Participant
                          @michaelgilligan61133
                          On Michael Gilligan Said:

I was simply attempting to explain, Bernard

When you have worked-out the answer for yourself … please feel free to do a better job than I managed.

MichaelG.

For additional clarity, Bernard

’Unread’ is one of three Actions that are available to you

IMG_9121

and at bottom-left of the list of Messages Bulk Actions are available

Hint: __ Click on the up/down arrows to reveal the list.

MichaelG.

Edit:_ Yes, of course the layout is a mess [that goes with the territory]

Ian P
                          Participant
                            @ianp
                            On JasonB Said:

Bernard I know it is and I have also asked for what is down the right hand side to be altered many times. Ideally a more condensed version of what you get here

At the moment what time is available is being spent on sorting out the speed.

At what point in time will the ‘admin’ determine that speed is fast enough? (so that other problems can be addressed)

As far as this mere participant can ascertain the speed has been dramatically improved over the last 10 days, I would say that it has got to point that it usable (well, tolerable anyway).

What has prompted me to make this post is that I have spent nearly a whole hour trying to post an item for sale in the classifieds. I could meticulously detail the steps I did and the errors I encountered but I doubt anyone in admin would read it and even if they did it would just add to their workload.

My feeling is that Morton’s will lose interest once the forum is maybe just a little better than it is now and we will be stuck with 90% of the existing faults.

I hope I’m wrong

Ian P

Peter Greene
                            Participant
                              @petergreene36336
                              On Ian P Said:

At what point in time will the ‘admin’ determine that speed is fast enough? (so that other problems can be addressed)

As far as this mere participant can ascertain the speed has been dramatically improved over the last 10 days, I would say that it has got to point that it usable (well, tolerable anyway).

For me, the speed is now comparable with many other sites I visit and not an issue. I agree that the thrust should be on some of the other concerns.

Harry Wilkes
                              Participant
                                @harrywilkes58467

“For me, the speed is now comparable with many other sites I visit and not an issue” Sorry Peter to say in that case you must visit some really poor sites !

H

File Handle
                                Participant
                                  @filehandle

For me speed also hasn’t been an issue for a while. Typically when I log on I open a number of sites. Typically I can use this one first even if I open it last.
                                  The only recent issue I had with posting was getting an error message, but it wasn’t the site it was my laptop.
                                  One site that I have used for a number of years had an issue with not refreshing for a few of us. I simply refreshed pages when I logged onto it. it took a couple of years for the issue to go away. At the time I put it down to a proxy server between me and the site causing the issue and just lived with it.
                                  It makes me wonder if peoples experiences being different are not due to the site per se, but the Internet between the 2.

duncan webster 1
                                  Participant
                                    @duncanwebster1

It’s back to going round in circles, tried to answer another thread on my PC, starting from logged in, click on a previous reply it then says log in to reply, but I already am. The PC downloaded a new version of Edge this morning. Still working ish on my phone

Grindstone Cowboy
                                    Participant
                                      @grindstonecowboy

Just to report, my situation at the moment is that:

a) the site is responding in a not unreasonable time (< 3 seconds switching between pages)

b) I remain logged in over a number of days, if not weeks

c) I have not experienced any error pages being thrown up when posting, nor am I asked to login when posting a reply if already logged in (see b)

Running Win 10 Pro, fully updated, Firefox browser, fully updated, Plusnet fibre to the cabinet broadband with average download speed of 70 Mbps.

Rob

JA
                                      Participant
                                        @ja

This is a reply to JasonB’s topic “Unable to reply to a topic”,

Over the last few days, definitely Sunday, yesterday and this morning, after logging in when I try to look at recent topics it logs me out. I can then look at the topics as a guest. When I go back in I am told I am still logged in. This appears to be a day time event.

I have just found that I can reply to topics when the last post was made over 2 hours previously as a “guest”.

This is why I am posting this here and not “Unable to reply to a topic” where it should but I would never get that 2 hour period of grace. It would be nice if this could be moved to its proper place.

JA

JasonB
                                          @jasonb

Needless to say the new software can’t move your reply to the required topic so I have had to resort to pasting and quoting it.

It is only possible to move replies to other topics within a certain forum heading not across the boards as I could do before.

Peter Greene
                                          Participant
                                            @petergreene36336
                                            On Harry Wilkes Said:

“For me, the speed is now comparable with many other sites I visit and not an issue” Sorry Peter to say in that case you must visit some really poor sites !

H

Or ….

Viewing 20 posts - 76 through 95 (of 95 total)