New project for 2025

New project for 2025

Home › Forums › I/C Engines › New project for 2025

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #854729
    SteveP
    Participant
      @stevepye68246

      Thank you for your comments.

      I did run a pencil cutter path program Jason ,  the gap between the two features is too small for the 4mm diameter cutter I chose to use.

      Originally the gap was large enough, but I added more material to the cam gear housing to allow for an oil feed hole to the valve rocker gear..

      Steve

      #856471
      SteveP
      Participant
        @stevepye68246

        Another part nearly finished, the Flywheel housing. 20260716_18000920260716_17561420260716_15374620260716_17554820260716_175521

        I’ve now completed  most of the larger structural parts, now time to start on the the moving parts.

        Steve

        #856523
        Roger B
        Participant
          @rogerb61624

          It will be a good looking engine 🙂

          #856559
          SteveP
          Participant
            @stevepye68246

            Thank you Roger,

            I just hope I can get it to run reliably.

            I have a feeling a lot of modification will have to be made ,to get it to run.

            Steve

             

            #856562
            SteveP
            Participant
              @stevepye68246

              Jason ,

              You are right, I did forget to run a pencil cutter path on some parts.

              Steve

              #859624
              SteveP
              Participant
                @stevepye68246

                A little more progress.

                Conrod and piston next.

                Steve P20260724_12274720260731_15044720260806_10064420260806_12053720260806_12391920260806_12443320260806_124359

                #859629
                renardiere7
                Participant
                  @renardiere7

                  Stunning workmanship!  That’s a hell of a sine table to take a dividing head.

                  #859717
                  SteveP
                  Participant
                    @stevepye68246

                    Thank you renardiere7, I think the photographs flatter.

                    The sine table was manufactured  by a company called HABIT ,it has a magnetic chuck attached and it’s really for using on a surface grinder ,not for abusing on a milling machine , it was just an easy setup for the last operation and I  only took very light cuts, another drawback ,everything has to be demagnetized afterwards.

                    Steve

                     

                     

                    #860200
                    SteveP
                    Participant
                      @stevepye68246

                      20260810_142442Time and motion checking up again,  they keep telling me to work harder and be more productive.

                      Steve

                      #865387
                      SteveP
                      Participant
                        @stevepye68246

                        After Parovoz post a picture of his beautiful Su252_53 locomotive

                        my offering is definitely in the shade. 20260915_16150420260917_155922Steve

                      Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
                      • Please log in to reply to this topic. Registering is free and easy using the links on the menu at the top of this page.

                      Latest Replies

                      Home › Forums › I/C Engines › Topics

                      Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

                      View full reply list.