Model Engineer 4366

Model Engineer 4366

Home › Forums › Model Engineer. › Model Engineer 4366

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #45977
    DMB
    Participant
      @dmb
      My copy of ME4366 arrived today in post, after I`d seen it in Smith`s, Churchill Sq., Brighton. There was only one copy of ME a number of MEW and about 15 EIM.
      John.
      #45979
      David Clark 13
      Participant
        @davidclark13
        Hi There
        I got my copy in Scotland by opost today.
        This is about as far North as you can go without falling of the end.
        I can see no way you could have seen this issue a week ago.
        regards David
         
         
        #45980
        David Clark 13
        Participant
          @davidclark13
          Hi There
          Not sure why the magazine being available as a back number before it is published is a problem?
          This week, where delivery was delayed at least meant you could see it even if you could not handle it.
          regards David
           
          #45990
          Donald Mitchell
          Participant
            @donaldmitchell68891
            Hi all, and David,
            Just call me old-fashioned; I like to sit with my feet up in front of the fire with a glass of decent malt in hand and leaf through the pages of Model Engineer, looking to forward to whatever might be on the next page.
             
            I do agree that the digital back issues on the website are a great idea and a very valuable and convenient way of looking up previous issues etc., but I really think that back issues should be just that. Surely issue 4366 being available as a back issue for near enough the best part of a fortnight before the real thing drops through my letterbox is a bit wonky.
             
            When issue 4366 arrived today, I experienced no great urge to open the silver bag and to enjoy reading the mag manually. It is now filed on top of the pile of it’s predecessors, un-thumbed – seems a bit of a waste.
             
            Might it not be an idea, in future, not to digitally publish an issue as a back number until the next newer one is paper-published. (and delivered)
             
            Anyway enough of my moaning, I’ve been reading and enjoying ME since about 1974 and I look forward to every issue.
             
            David, thank you very much for your hard work in recent months, you have made ME better than ever.
             
            Best wishes to all.

            Donald Mitchell
             
              
            #45991
            HasBean
            Participant
              @hasbean
              Not arrived yet, but that’s Jersey for you!
               
              Paul
              #45993
              David Clark 13
              Participant
                @davidclark13
                Hi There
                I don’t make policy on what is and is not a back issue.
                You don’t have to read them online.
                (But I know readers with access will.)
                 
                Right, 11pm, stop working and go to bed I think.
                regards david
                #46034
                Weary
                Participant
                  @weary
                  My subscription copy of Issue 4366 arrived today, Tuesday 8th December.
                Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
                • Please log in to reply to this topic. Registering is free and easy using the links on the menu at the top of this page.

                Latest Replies

                Home › Forums › Model Engineer. › Topics

                Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
                Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

                View full reply list.