Crop a photo

Advert

Crop a photo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Milly S
    Participant
      @millys

Hi all

I can post a photo but how do you crop

to fit box each time I try it either disappears or just stays the same

cheers

steve

Advert
      JasonB
        @jasonb

Crop before dragging or dropping.

Only image that can be cropped is the avatar to make it square as most image swill be landscape.

peak4
        Participant
          @peak4

I’ve explored posting re-sized images on the test thread but since this is a specific titled post, may I recommend Faststone Image Viewer as a free image editor as well as a viewer.

It works well, and will do pretty much anything needed for posting images on this forum, including, basic editing, re-sizing, and annotating.

From what I can make out, the full width of this pane is a shade over 800 pixels, and anything larger will be resized to fit the forum’s full page width.

Bill

Bazyle
          Participant
            @bazyle

I think cropping is the one thing you can do. After dragging and dropping if you right click it brings up an editor that will rather clunkily crop. It then only gives you an option to save (not replace existing image) which it does to ‘downloads’ under a number. Then delete initial photo and replace with the new one.

peak4
            Participant
              @peak4
              On Bazyle Said:

I think cropping is the one thing you can do. After dragging and dropping if you right click it brings up an editor that will rather clunkily crop. It then only gives you an option to save (not replace existing image) which it does to ‘downloads’ under a number. Then delete initial photo and replace with the new one.

Not for me though; what browser and operating system are you using?
              I’m on Windows 10 and Opera, both fully up to date.
              I wonder if either your browser, or operating system, are providing that facility, rather than the forum??

I’m uploading the image from my PC, not a gallery in this case.

I drag the image into the upload pane, and it appears in the post full size.

XA250148_DxO-Flickr

I then right click, and am presented with this dropdown; if I left click I just get the small formatting menu mentioned earlier for aligning the image, which doesn’t seem to work anyway

image_2023-10-27_222626951

Bill

Russell Eberhardt
              Participant
                @russelleberhardt48058

If you are uploading the image from your PC why not just crop it on your PC before uploading?

Russell

Nicholas Farr
                Participant
                  @nicholasfarr14254

Hi Russell, that’s what I do, and I very often resize them as well.

Regards Nick.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)