1BA crosshead screws

1BA crosshead screws

Home › Forums › General Questions › 1BA crosshead screws

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #22984
    Chris Shelton
    Participant
      @chrisshelton11794
      #136800
      Chris Shelton
      Participant
        @chrisshelton11794

        Can anyone help with a source for 1 BA crosshead screws 11/4'' long in steel.

        I have searched all the suppliers I know, and searched on google with no luck.

        Any help would be appreciated.

        #136801
        JasonB
        Moderator
          @jasonb

          Csk, pan, round or cheese head?

          Either way I don't hold out much hope as 1BA is not a prefered size and they are nearly always slotted.

          Are you sure its not #12x28UNF

          Edited By JasonB on 01/12/2013 13:26:38

          #136802
          NJH
          Participant
            @njh

            Jason obviously has a secret supplier!

            I've not seen any 1BA since Adam was a lad but I do have a set of (old) taps and dies in 1BA. I guess you want these to replace some existing fixings but, if not, M5 is pretty close?

            Regards

            Norman

            #136803
            Michael Gilligan
            Participant
              @michaelgilligan61133

              Not quite what you're looking for Chris … but it may help to know that 1BA was quite commonly used for Handlebar Lever fixings, etc. on British motorcycles.

              Suppliers like this may be able to help.

              MichaelG.

              #136805
              Chris Shelton
              Participant
                @chrisshelton11794

                Thank you for the replies, sorry meant to write cheesehead, but put crosshead instead.

                I just had another search on eBay and found some 2'' ones.

                They are for an old Greeves motorcycle.

                #136818
                V8Eng
                Participant
                  @v8eng

                  Might be worth a call to check.

                  **LINK**

                  #136830
                  peter ravenscroft
                  Participant
                    @peterravenscroft57700

                    how many do you want? if only a couple i have some you can have

                    regards

                    peter

                  Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • Please log in to reply to this topic. Registering is free and easy using the links on the menu at the top of this page.

                  Latest Replies

                  Home › Forums › General Questions › Topics

                  Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
                  Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

                  View full reply list.