Victoria dividing head

Advert

Victoria dividing head

Home Forums Workshop Tools and Tooling Victoria dividing head

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Steve Richardson 2
    Participant
      @steverichardson2

I posted a while ago about my Victoria universal dividing head. it is a 3.5 inch centre height model with 30Int taper.

i have found some change gears for it, however it lacks the ‘banjo’ to mount them on.

It would be appreciated someone has one, if they could please measure up the banjo for me so I could make one, as Ive had no luck finding one since purchase.

regards.

Advert
      DC31k
      Participant
        @dc31k

If you cannot obtain a brass rubbing of an original, please see below for a possible approach.

There are catalogues for both the Elliott and Victoria dividing heads here:

http://vintagemachinery.org/mfgindex/detail.aspx?id=10615

Both contain end elevations of the head, showing the banjo.

Photocopy the page and enlarge it to 1:1 scale based on a known dimension of what you have. Cut out the shape of the banjo and glue it onto a piece of metal. Hacksaw, file, done.

Steve Richardson 2
        Participant
          @steverichardson2

Thanks for  that suggestion DC3. I hadn’t seen the elliot manual, which is much more detailed than the Victoria.

will check some measurements of the heads and see if they are the same – the Elliot manual at least has many dimensions which could make dimensioning a banjo bit less than a best guess.

cheers

Phil P
          Participant
            @philp

Steve

Send me a PM with your email address and I will let you have my drawing of the banjo.

I had to make quite a few parts for my Victoria and that was one of them.

Phil

Steve Richardson 2
            Participant
              @steverichardson2

Hi Phil,

really appreciate you offering to send that. It will save me alot of measuring and guess work.

I have now sent a PM.

thanks

Steve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)