User manual for a Targa 612 surface grinder

Advert

User manual for a Targa 612 surface grinder

Home Forums Model Engineers’ Workshop. User manual for a Targa 612 surface grinder

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    gary Chapman 10
    Participant
      @garychapman10

I have just aquired a used Targa 612 surface grinder in good condition made in 1983 Looking for a user manual, in particular information about what sort of oil to use as a way lubricant. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advert
      gary Chapman 10
      Participant
        @garychapman10

Way lubricant for a manual surface grinder

John Hinkley
        Participant
          @johnhinkley26699

I had a google for images of your grinder, just out of nosiness. I thought I'd typed into the search field incorrectly, because the images that appeared labelled Targa 612, showed a surface grinder so similar to my Warco "Simple" grinder. If you can post a picture of yours, it might be possible to narrow down a search for a manual.

Spot the difference:

warco simple grinder

My Warco grinder, above and a Targa 612 image lifted from the Internet, below

targa 612

Granted the table feed wheel is different, but not a lot else.

John

John Hinkley
          Participant
            @johnhinkley26699

Further to the above, I've done a bit more digging. My grinder has a one-shot lubrication system, which I have yet to refill, so can't say what is required. Having said that, the Warco, and by implication your Targa grinder, is from the same mould as the USA Grizzly G5963 6×12 grinder. I have downloaded their manual, which is quite comprehensive and includes exploded parts drawings and that specifies ISO 68 oil for the one-shot oiling system. It also states that, apart from the obvious lubrication points, other moving parts are sealed units and need not be lubricated.

I have the pdf of the manual. If you want a copy, PM me your email address.

John

Edited By John Hinkley on 02/05/2022 13:22:00

@dsmuvindi
            Participant
              @dsmuvindi

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I have a Targa 612 Surface Grinder. May you kindly send me the user manual for the Grizzly G5963 grinder that you have.</p>
              Regards
              <p style=”text-align: left;”>David S Muvindi</p>

John Hinkley
              Participant
                @johnhinkley26699

David,

If that request was aimed at me, you can download the manual direct from the Grizzly.com site at:

https://cdn0.grizzly.com/manuals/g5963_m.pdf

Also available: a parts list, spec sheet and parts list at:

https://www.grizzly.com/products/grizzly-6-x-12-surface-grinder-with-stand/g5963

Towards the bottom of the page, right-hand side.

John

@dsmuvindi
                Participant
                  @dsmuvindi

Thanks John.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)