Request for minor improvement

Advert

Request for minor improvement

Home Forums Website Questions, Comments, and Suggestions Request for minor improvement

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JA
    Participant
      @ja

It appears to me that the forum is now working well and the criticisms have died away.

Please could the number of postings a participant has made be included in the next update. I found this a very useful feature of the old forum.

JA

Advert
      Oldiron
      Participant
        @oldiron
        On JA Said:

It appears to me that the forum is now working well and the criticisms have died away.

Please could the number of postings a participant has made be included in the next update. I found this a very useful feature of the old forum.

JA

+1 for this. I did mention this some time ago. Also lets have the latest post first in a topic so we do not have to scroll through all the previous posts again and again.

DC31k
        Participant
          @dc31k
          On Oldiron Said:
          Also let’s have the latest post first in a topic…

Please, not that.

Look at the threads in this forum. How many of them have posts that repeat the exact same information or supplier multiple times? By putting the latest post at the top, you will exacerbate this as no-one will read the thread from its beginning.

With the latest post at the bottom, there is a marginal chance that people will read the previous contributions first and maybe, just maybe pause to consider whether they should say the same thing for the second or third time in the thread.

I have some difficulty understanding the utility of showing a member’s post count. There are people here with low post counts whose infrequent contributions are insightful (casting pearls among the swine). There are people here with high post counts because they blow hot air into nearly every thread.

Please do not take this as being against showing the post count, just that your case might be strengthened if you provided some rationale for your suggestion.

Grindstone Cowboy
          Participant
            @grindstonecowboy

+1 on what DC31k said, no need for last post first anyway as you can go directly to it by clicking on the Last Post date/time link in the Latest Replies list if you so wish.

Rob

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)