ME 4422 – Darjeeling Drawing Error (Running Board Brackets)

ME 4422 – Darjeeling Drawing Error (Running Board Brackets)

Home › Forums › Locomotives › ME 4422 – Darjeeling Drawing Error (Running Board Brackets)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #82916
    Steambuff
    Participant
      @steambuff
      Hi,
       
      I think I have spotted a drawing error in ME 4422 on page 152.
       
      Looking at the “Running Board Bracket Number 3”
       
      I think that the 2 1/8 and 1 3/8 dimensions on the plan view are incorrect. (I don’t think the angle thickness is 3/4″)
       
      I think the printed 2 1/8 dimension should be 1 3/8 and that the printed 1 3/8 dimension should be 1 1/4. (I measured these on Ray’s drawings)
       
      The dimensons also appear to be wrong/mis-leading on Ray’s drawings (From Blackgates) as well.
       
      Can Ray or someone please confirm this?
       
       
      Dave
       
      #1070
      Steambuff
      Participant
        @steambuff
        #82926
        Donald Mitchell
        Participant
          @donaldmitchell68891
          Hi, Raymond confirms that the 2 1/8″ dimension is indeed wrong and should not be there. The correct dimension is, as Dave has suggested, 1 3/8″ which, with the angle thickness of 1/8″ leaves the internal dimension at 1 1/4″
          Donald Mitchell
          Castle Douglas
          Bonnie Scotland
          #82927
          Steambuff
          Participant
            @steambuff
            Thanks Donald (and Raymond)
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • Please log in to reply to this topic. Registering is free and easy using the links on the menu at the top of this page.

          Latest Replies

          Home › Forums › Locomotives › Topics

          Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
          Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

          View full reply list.