Lother Matrian Casting Kits available again

Advert

Lother Matrian Casting Kits available again

Home Forums Stationary engines Lother Matrian Casting Kits available again

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JasonB
      @jasonb

The latest issue of MiM dropped on the mat today and I thought I would just take a look at the website of one of the small adverts in the mag for www.steamofsteel.de and found that they are now producing the many steam engine models that I have seen over the years originally designed and sold by Lother Martrian so thought the castingaholics may want to take a look and break open the piggybank. They also cater for those like me and sell the drawings separately.

https://www.steamofsteel.de/

Advert
      Ches Green UK
      Participant
        @chesgreenuk

Jason,

Impressive looking machines. Thanks for the link.

I assume the fixtures will all be metric?

And do you think the Drawing Set will include a Build Of Materials, or does one figure that out from the drawings?

Ches

JasonB
          @jasonb

Yes there are some unusual designs there, I have fancied one of the boilers with integral engines for some time but may still scratch build from other images.

All metric materials and fixings, may even get some tolerances too knowing the German drawings from other sources.

Don’t know about a BOM

Harry Wilkes
          Participant
            @harrywilkes58467

Jason

Thanks for the link.

H

Weary
            Participant
              @weary

Hi Jason,

Thanks for that link and information.

Very useful indeed.

Phil

Hopper
              Participant
                @hopper

Beautiful models. Horrific prices. A great future for CNC and/or 3D printing.

I suppose the day will come where instead of buying castings, model engineers will be able to buy the computer program/coding/whatever to CNC or print the parts out of solid billet themselves at a much reduced price. If it hasn’t already?

Could be a good business opportunity for a lad handy with the computer, eh?

JasonB
                  @jasonb

Well I’ve sent out .STP files of assembled engines and others have made from that one file using CNC on the parts that suit it and more traditional methods for other parts, just need to start charging for it now.

I’ve also bought plans supplied as pdf files but it may have saved a bit of work if they were something that could be opened in any CAD program.

More likely you will buy a “casting” set with the “castings” part machined on a CNC for you to complete, Stuarts already do that and there are quite a few kits about where you get laser or waterjet cut items.

I wonder what Mortons would pay me if the “drawings” for my next engine build were just a QR code rather than 5 or 6 pages?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)