Hi from Wales

Advert

Hi from Wales

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ferroequinologist
    Participant
      @ferroequinologist

Good morning all

I am Sandra and come from South Wales. I am new to model engineering and last year I joined a local model engineering club. Initially I joined as I am into 0-Gauge and the club has a wonderful garden railway. The club runs also 3.5″ narrow gauge  and 5″ live steam and other locos and I got introduced to this side of running railways. I enjoy it very much and have decided to take the plunge and build my own loco. As I don’t have much experience in metal work and engineering, I am currently soaking in all the information fellow club members and literature have to offer. I have Carpentry skills and inherited a lot of metal working tools from my late father, so decided I will try and build a 3.5″ narrow gauge loco, the Sweet Violet. It will take me probably a decade, but it doesn’t matter.  I have my own 0-gauge railway at home and I have done railway modelling almost all my life.

So there probably will be a considerate amount of questions coming your way, but with time I might be able to help others who join after me.

Kind regards Sandra

Advert
      Brian Wood
      Participant
        @brianwood45127

Hello Sandra,

I am not a modeller, there are many others here who are of course, but welcome to the “club” in any case. Someone better suited than me will no doubt be along soon.

Regards   Brian

Oldiron
        Participant
          @oldiron

Hi Sandra. Welcome to the forum. Lots of knowledgeable people on this forum. Help will always be forthcoming from one direction or another.  Love South Wales I have family in Saundersfoot & Tenby.

ATB

Harry Wilkes
          Participant
            @harrywilkes58467

Hi and welcome to the forum

Howard Lewis
            Participant
              @howardlewis46836

Welcome aboard!

Lots of different experiencesa on here, so a wealth of knowledge available,should you need advice or help.

Howard

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)