Dremel 3400 – what threads on tool ends?

Dremel 3400 – what threads on tool ends?

Home › Forums › Manual machine tools › Dremel 3400 – what threads on tool ends?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #614130
    lawrence karthauser
    Participant
      @lawrencekarthauser63108

      What is the thread on the end of the dremel 3400 flexible extenson>? Wan to mount it in sainsmart 3016 CNC machine

      Bosch cannot help me

      Thanks

      Lawrence

      #14662
      lawrence karthauser
      Participant
        @lawrencekarthauser63108
        #614154
        Michael Gilligan
        Participant
          @michaelgilligan61133

          dont know

          Sounds more like will not than cannot

          Sorry … my Dremel is pre-Bosch, so I cannot help you.

          I’m sure someone will be along soon …

          MichaelG.

          .

          Edit: __ it might be worth asking Eternal Tools nicely:

          https://www.eternaltools.com/blog/complete-guide-to-your-dremel-rotary-tool

          Edited By Michael Gilligan on 19/09/2022 17:00:01

          #614167
          Anonymous

            I've got a Bosch Dremel 3000 is it the collet thread on flex extension, or the flex to tool body collar thread.?

            Collet thread -. I expected a metric thread but it's a weird one, major diameter is 7.05mm, too much to be an M7, and pitch was somewhere between 0.6 and 0.7 thread gauges. Tried a UNF gauge and 40tpi gave a good fit which is 0.635 bearing out the 0.6-0.7 I thought it was.So I haven't got a clue what the actual thread is, anyone else have a clue?…..or is it a Dremel/Bosch special to stop you using other make accessories ?

            Extension to tool body – is probably M19 (major measured at 18.65mm) x 2 (spot on gauge).

            #614175
            Another JohnS
            Participant
              @anotherjohns

              From my notes,

              Body end thread – 3/4×12 TPI, or 19mmx2mm pitch

              Spindle 9/32 x 40 TPI

              but check it! My notes may be wrong, or for a different Dremel than you have.

              #614222
              lawrence karthauser
              Participant
                @lawrencekarthauser63108

                I found an adaptor for the main tool itself, "Adapter Ø 43 mm 3/4" x 12 pitch (Dremel)"

                but I am looking for the outside thread on the far end of the flexible extension.

                Thanks

                Lawrence

                #614229
                Andrew Entwistle
                Participant
                  @andrewentwistle

                  Hi Lawrence,

                  I have measured it as 12.5 / 11.1 mm 20 TPI and 60 degree angle, so 1/2" UNF

                  Andrew.

                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • Please log in to reply to this topic. Registering is free and easy using the links on the menu at the top of this page.

                Latest Replies

                Home › Forums › Manual machine tools › Topics

                Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
                Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

                View full reply list.