Clarke CL300M lathe- only runs in one direction.

Clarke CL300M lathe- only runs in one direction.

Home › Forums › Manual machine tools › Clarke CL300M lathe- only runs in one direction.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #747042
    paul.grosvenor
    Participant
      @paul-grosvenor

      Hi all.

      I’ve got a Clarke CL300M lathe which I’m trying to repair for a family member. I understand when the lathe was being run in forward direction the lathe jammed and the motor stopped. The lathe no longer runs in forward direction, only reverse.

      I think the lathe has the FC250J board. Measuring the dc voltage on the motor output pins 1 and 2 I get no voltage when the switch is set to forward for any speed setting. When set to reverse the motor runs and there is voltage across pins 1 and 2.

      Reversing the wires in pins 1 and 2 runs the motor in forward with the control is set to reverse.

      I expect when the lathe jammed maybe something got overloaded on the circuit board. Is amyone able to help with this issue?

      Thanks, Paul

      #747049
      paul.grosvenor
      Participant
        @paul-grosvenor

        <p style=”text-align: left;”>20240814_202917</p>

        #747101
        Les Jones 1
        Participant
          @lesjones1

          I think the fault is more likely to be the reversing switch as this is between the controller and the motor.

          Les.

        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • Please log in to reply to this topic. Registering is free and easy using the links on the menu at the top of this page.

        Latest Replies

        Home › Forums › Manual machine tools › Topics

        Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
        Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

        View full reply list.