MYFORD 254S Lathe

MYFORD 254S Lathe

Home › Forums › Beginners questions › MYFORD 254S Lathe

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #44550
    Andre ROUSSEAU
    Participant
      @andrerousseau66124
      Hi Guys, can anyone help?
      Does anyone have a copy of the Myford 254S Lathe factory manual and who would be good enough to e-mail me a copy of the electrical wiring diagram. Specifically, I am informed that this model came equipped with DC injection-braking, as standard. I would like to see the circuit arrangements of this feature.
             ………….and before anyone says “why not contact Myford’s directly”…………..I did this ages ago and have never received a reply. Not only Myford’s but I am amazed at the number of companies who invest thousands in setting up whiz-bang web-sites and then consistantly fail to respond to customer e-mails. Incredible isn’t it?
                    Contact me:   [email protected]
      #4810
      Andre ROUSSEAU
      Participant
        @andrerousseau66124
        #44653
        Windy
        Participant
          @windy30762
          Hello Andre, sorry I can’t help with the wiring but your comment about company web-sites hit a nerve. After many hours trawling through the SKF bearing web-site cataloque I found 4 precision hybrid bearings suitable for my project. The SKF distributor for my area could not get any useful response from them and I e-mailed SKF head office, guess no reply. Eventually found some on the GTBA web-site. It seems unless you are spending thousands of pounds the large companies dont want your custom. Hope you get your wiring sorted.
           
                        Windy
          #44656
          John Stevenson 1
          Participant
            @johnstevenson1
            It’s not DC braking, it’s the same electrical connection they use on their email server, just slow. 
             
            John S.
            #45445
            Major Disaster
            Participant
              @majordisaster
              Better late than never.
              Think I can oblige if you are not suited, Andre.  I assume you would want 240v 1ph diag.
               
              Let me know, it may take a day or so to get it scanned – better than doing it by photo.
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • Please log in to reply to this topic. Registering is free and easy using the links on the menu at the top of this page.

            Latest Replies

            Home › Forums › Beginners questions › Topics

            Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
            Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

            View full reply list.