NHS website

Advert

NHS website

Home Forums The Tea Room NHS website

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    old mart
    Participant
      @oldmart

I have been logging into the NHS website for years to order my prescriptions online. No particular problems, although the website has always been user unfriendly, which would put off a lot of those who struggle with the internet. In the last couple of weeks the NHS have changed the website and as far as I am concerned, made it even worse. The logging in has been made less secure, now, I only put in my email address and a password. Before the change, letters out of a memorable word were needed and every time I logged on an email was automatically sent asking if the last logon was my doing. But even after logging on, the repeat prescriptions remain elusive, and any links simply run in circles. There is no general logon now.

I have 7 prescriptions, all lasting different lengths of time so they need re ordering at least every ten days and the last two orders have had to be put through the surgery letterbox.The NHS would like everybody to use the online ordering, but they make a pigs ear of enabling it.

Has anyone else had problems lately?

Advert
      Steviegtr
      Participant
        @steviegtr

I just used mine the other day. My prescriptions are all ordered one time monthly. I use my fingerprint to access. Not had any problems at all. The surgery said a few weeks ago when picking up my meds that they were making some changes. These were to do with the doctor signing off meds without having to sit & sign each one. Making less work for the doctor. They said then when your prescription is ready for collection a message will come through your app to let you know. Hope you get it sorted out.

Just to add, 2 days ago they sent me a message offering me a Covid booster shot. I had 3 way back . But won’t be having any more. They say some countries have stopped giving it altogether ???.

Steve.

Dave Halford
        Participant
          @davehalford22513

There are currently some drug shortages at the wholesaler end.

My daughter + family all had Covid end of Jan so I will be, my 5G reception is fading a little now.

Harry Wilkes
          Participant
            @harrywilkes58467

Old Mart not had any problems with NHS site, if your prescriptions are staggered ask your surgery to synchronise them that way you them only need order every 28 days

H

norman valentine
            Participant
              @normanvalentine78682

My repeat prescriptions used to automatically repeat each month, but not any longer. I have to order them myself and have tried the NHS website and as old mart said it takes you round and around. I have my prescriptions delivered but now have to go to the surgery to re-order which does seem to negate the benefit of having it delivered. Not a happy customer, but at least I still do not have to pay so there is some benefit from the NHS.

John Haine
              Participant
                @johnhaine32865

Order through the NHS app on phone, fingerprint authorisation always works, get SMS with code number to fetch items from vending machine outside health centre.  What I find amusing is that the pavement by the machine slopes so the user is a bit low and there is a double column of doors through which items are dispensed.  Any short person is going to find it hard to reach their prescription unless the machine knows how tall they are!

Nealeb
                Participant
                  @nealeb

I used to use the NHS app but my surgery now has its own system, delivered via an app called Airmid UK. Seems to work reliably enough, and it does tell you useful things like when you can reorder. I’m an easy user to satisfy, though, as my medication use is very regular; my wife struggles a bit more as she takes varying amounts of various medications according to need so a regular prescription would not work anyway.

I also have the problem that the medications are not all on the same schedule, so I am now trying to order some as soon as possible while I delay others as long as possible in the hopes that the meds will keep me going long enough that they eventually get into step! At which time, I’m sure that something will get changed…

Martin Connelly
                  Participant
                    @martinconnelly55370

My GP has gone over to Airmid as well. It used to be done through Sysonline (I think) that was accessed through the surgery’s own website. On my mobile phone it requires a fingerprint to open it.

Martin C

Circlip
                    Participant
                      @circlip

Makes one wonder if the NHS system has been devised by the “Horisen” team. Few years ago, the NHS (ratepayers) paid £3Bn for a system that didn’t work and to prove this, they payed another £4Bn to show it didn’t. Last buget we were informed that HMG are allocating £3.6Bn to “Upgrade” the existing system.

Recently accepted an appointment allocated by a “Satellite” company used by the NHS to arrange these for them. Need was an Ultrasound, and due to my pre arranged travel arrangements (same day), first choice was declined. This would have meant travelling thirty miles. Second appointment was in local heath centre, quarter of a mile from my home location. Seems rather strange that a basic fifteen minute procedure would have necessitated a thirty (60 round trip) mile journey to meet two young ladies with a laptop and read head? Local Hospital (which I had to attend for same treatment) two miles away.

Wonder why we are constantly being ‘Conned’ that the NHS is being underfunded? Perhaps if all the dross and hangers on were eliminated we would have a more efficient service?

Sadly, the unemployment figures would rocket up.

Regards  Ian.

Oldiron
                      Participant
                        @oldiron

I use the NHS app on my phone. As others do I use fingerprint sign in. Always quick & easy to order prescriptions, check appointments etc.

bernard towers
                        Participant
                          @bernardtowers37738

I know this doesnt cure the + – thing but cant you use a shunt to extend the meters range?

Nealeb
                          Participant
                            @nealeb

Years back, in my days with a big IT company, I was dragged into the bid team for an enormous NHS project (it might have been the NPfIT – New Programme for IT? Memory fades…). It was divided into four regional projects for enormous managed IT systems with a “spine” project to connect them all. BT picked up the spine and, after a lot of bidders dropped out, several of the other parts. I can’t remember now if we dropped out because we couldn’t figure out what the NHS wanted, or that we figured out that the NHS couldn’t figure out what they wanted. The idea was that everyone could get access to everyone’s data, unless they weren’t allowed to, unless they really needed to. I think that was the idea…

Surgery-level systems at least have the advantage that they are not quite so ambitious and have a better chance of working.

Graham Meek
                            Participant
                              @grahammeek88282

Having worked for the NHS for 10 years. The computer systems were a bane. Some of the procurement systems were straight out of a BBC computer. When a satellite radiotherapy unit was set up in the neighbouring county we had to install our computer system in order for treatment plans to be down loaded to the satellite. The host site would not talk to our software.

Therein lies the problem. Instead of one system being rolled out in every health authority, or Trust, each has its own. The selling off of the NHS is only going to make things worse. Our local GP’s computer system regularly crashes and this plays havoc with the prescription updates to our local pharmacy.

This does not stop there and and I could write quite a Tome on Computers in the NHS, but I will leave it there as gagging orders are in force.

I will say dealing with NHS England is no better from my experience.

Regards

Gray,

Circlip
                              Participant
                                @circlip

After being told twenty two years ago that I would be taking five tablets a day for the rest of my life, the repeat prescription fiasco has to be performed every two months. Initially, one had to attend surgery and request prescription, later, ring a dedicated telephone line and now, thanks to Electronicknackery, on line. Problems arise, every twelve months, the computer says ‘NO’ and then we have to jump through hoops to get a ‘Clinician’ to press the ‘YES’ button.

Operation requires one to ring Surgery to request a Clinician to ring back and one request ‘Please press the go button.’ This is fine BUT when placed in a queue of “You are now number nineteen” and forty five minutes later to hear a human voice and ten quid on the telephone bill, ‘One’ doesn’t do this anymore, as leaning on the receptionist’s desk gives semi instant results.

Same operation to see a Doctor. No more ring to request an appointment in which a Doctor rings you back to ascertain if you NEED to see him/her. I’m not a hypochondriac (Despite above intro) or need a reassuring mind chat. When I NEED to see a Quack, I NEED to see one. The elbows on the desk never fails.

Regards  Ian.

Harry Wilkes
                                Participant
                                  @harrywilkes58467

Just ordered the wife’s med’s via the NHS website 4 clicks got me to the item list choose what she needs 1 click to confirm and one more to exit. Strange some people are having problems

Have to agree this business with the doctor ring back to make sure you are sick is a pain !

H

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)