Impressed

Advert

Impressed

Home Forums The Tea Room Impressed

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Harry Wilkes
    Participant
      @harrywilkes58467

Purchased a Hoover washing machine last Tuesday 2nd it was installed Thursday 4th next day wife found it was not spinning the washing dry, reported it and was told engineer would be in touch 24/48 hrs no such call rang again and was told my call had not been logged (call centre in South Africa ) so again told engineer would be in touch 24/48 hrs received txt to say engineer would call on the 16th ! After 35 mins telling people in SA this was not acceptable they suggested I visit Curry’s so off I went and what a surprise a very nice young lady told me she couldn’t get engineer any sooner but did I want a replacement or refund told her replacement if not to long a wait she then said how about tomorrow which I accepted. I thought that these days you hear many stories about poor service I’d give a shout out to Curry’s for excellent after sales.

H

Advert
      noel shelley
      Participant
        @noelshelley55608

Harry, Please repeat your question in English ! Noel.

Harry Wilkes
        Participant
          @harrywilkes58467

Noel had visit from the Gremlins

H

noel shelley
          Participant
            @noelshelley55608

Gremlins offered a drink of paraquat, they withered and died ! Now I see it all and yes pretty good service. Noel.

Ian P
            Participant
              @ianp

I’m not sure I see it as clearly as Noel now does.

My confusion arises because Harry did not say who he reported the problem to (although because he said the call centre was in SA I thought that might be where he lived).

Unsure whether there are branches of Curry’s in SA so now think Harry is in UK.

Surely the problem should be reported to the dealer who supplied the product, (Curry’s)

Ian P

Harry Wilkes
              Participant
                @harrywilkes58467

Sorry for not being clear I reported the problem to Hoover they like other manufacturers have their warranty claims dealt with by a call centre in South Africa you eventually arrive there after calling the number provided for faulty goods. I live in the UK West Midlands so the Curry’s I use are just off J9 of the M6

H

John Doe 2
                Participant
                  @johndoe2

It used to be that if you bought something, your “contract” was with the retailer who sold it to you, not the manufacturer of the product, (unless they are the same).

If the product doesn’t work, the retailer has to be given reasonable time to fix it – but must fix it within a reasonable time – or offer a replacement or a refund.

Pretty poor that a machine was faulty on delivery. Obviously they are not all tested before dispatch to the retailer any more.

Harry Wilkes
                  Participant
                    @harrywilkes58467

Update new washer delivered,installed, tested and working OK

H

norman valentine
                    Participant
                      @normanvalentine78682

A few years ago the heat shield on the interior of my oven door shattered, I tried to get a replacement from the manufacturer, Electrolux, but they did not have one in stock. This was two weeks before Christmas, and things did not look good. I phoned them and explained the problem, the breakage was my daughters fault not a problem with the oven. They promised to replace the oven free of charge. On Christmas eve a van turned up took out the old oven and replaced it with a brand new oven! Thank you Electrolux you saved my Christmas.

Oldiron
                      Participant
                        @oldiron

No matter what you buy the 1st port of call with a problem is the shop you bought it from.

Nicholas Farr
                        Participant
                          @nicholasfarr14254

Hi,  back in about 1967/8, my mum had a new automatic front loading washing machine, but when she first used it, the laundry came out much wetter than when she used the mangle on her old top loader one. she was very disappointed, as she hoped she could be finished using the mangle. When the engineer came to look at it, he found that the packaging inside that was used to protect everything during transport, hadn’t been taken out, either the delivery persons didn’t know they had to remove it, or they forgot, but it worked fine once the packaging was removed, but poor mum was almost it tears after the first time use.

Regards Nick.

Howard Lewis
                          Participant
                            @howardlewis46836

In UK, the contract is between the buyer and the retailer, so thif there is a problem, the retailer is the first port of call.

The good companies will deal with the problem quickly and efficiently.,

The less scrupulous will try to fob you off to contact the manufacturer.

Often pointing out that the legally binding contract ios between then and you gets their attention.

“Breach of contract” suits, with Trading Standards on the case are not what a retailer wants!

If all else fails, find the name of the Chairman of the Board, and writing, marked “To be opened by addressee only” usually brings results.

It is often claimed that for every complaint to the manufacturer, mine others have been publicised to friends and associates.

A satisfied customer is a potent salesman.

Howard

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)