Quick Change Tool Post for Warco WM180

Quick Change Tool Post for Warco WM180

Home › Forums › Manual machine tools › Quick Change Tool Post for Warco WM180

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #631909
    Howard Lewis
    Participant
      @howardlewis46836

      FWIW

      I use a the original 4 way toolpost that came with my lathe.

      The front toopost carries Diamond (Tangential ) tool, 8 mm Boring bar with CCMT06040 toolbit. and a Greenwood Tools jholder to use the 100 degree corner of CCMT0604 bits (For roughing or hard materials )

      I made a look alike 4 way rear toolpost, which carries the large (3/32" ) Paritng Tool and two 1/4" toolbits to chnafer , Back or Front.

      The only times that anyuthing comes out of the front post are for radius turning, knurlinbg, or the rare occasions for screwcutting.. Or even more rarely, a larger boring bar..

      Keep wondering about changing a QCT, but over 19m nyesars have yet to be convinced that I need one and the holders.

      But each to their own.

      Howard

      #631995
      COLIN MARTIN 2
      Participant
        @colinmartin2

        Thanks for the replies. Another problem that I have is with the mounting of boring tools. I have two round shank 10 mm boring tools with flats top and bottom which I have been using in the QCTP, but I cannot mount them in the 4 way TP because the cutting tip is too low, even shimmed up as high as it will go. The only option that I can see is to mount the tool post on a spacer to get the required height; any other solutions?

        Cheers,

         

        Colin

        Edited By COLIN MARTIN 2 on 04/02/2023 11:56:00

        #632010
        Niels Abildgaard
        Participant
          @nielsabildgaard33719

          Homemade

          wp_20230204_001[1].jpg

          wp_20230204_002[1].jpg

          #632116
          COLIN MARTIN 2
          Participant
            @colinmartin2

            Looks good; food for thought.

            Here is another question: my indexable 10mm tooling requires 25 thou shims under the shank to bring the cutting tip up to height; so, is there any reason why I cannot cut a 25 thou shim to fit under the tool post to avoid the need to shim the tools up to height?

            Cheers,

            Colin

            #632126
            Howard Lewis
            Participant
              @howardlewis46836

              Again, not QCTP related, but my 8 mm bopring bar is mounted on a piece of 3/4" square bar that has been milled with a rebate to bring the boring bar up to centren height nwithn the minimum of shimming.

              Howard

            Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
            • Please log in to reply to this topic. Registering is free and easy using the links on the menu at the top of this page.

            Latest Replies

            Home › Forums › Manual machine tools › Topics

            Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
            Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

            View full reply list.