Aldis 76 350 dobsonian telescope $50 Australian

Aldis 76 350 dobsonian telescope $50 Australian

Home › Forums › The Tea Room › Aldis 76 350 dobsonian telescope $50 Australian

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #34850
    BW
    Participant
      @bw
      #282138
      BW
      Participant
        @bw

        I just bought one of these and blimey its amazing – I could easily see the craters on the Moon !! There are heaps and heaps of them ! First time I've ever looked through a telescope at the moon.

        Amazing to an astronomical newb. For me its well worth the $50.

        I found the 20mm lens easy to use but the 4mm lens was quite difficult to use – eventually got it working but quite difficult.

        Bit disconcerting when I used it to look for parrots in the trees – everything was upside down.

        Have got an idea that some of us make their own telescopes – is that right ?

        What happens if I spend $200 ? Do I get something 4x better and start taking photos of horsehead nebula or is that a $2000 job ?

        Bill

        #282302
        BW
        Participant
          @bw

          To answer my own question – This post is useful

          https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/196278-what-can-i-expect-to-see/

          #282348
          Ian S C
          Participant
            @iansc

            Hi Bill, have you had a look at some of the threads in the"related hobbies" section, you'll see some of Neil's astro photography.

            Ian S C

          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • Please log in to reply to this topic. Registering is free and easy using the links on the menu at the top of this page.

          Latest Replies

          Home › Forums › The Tea Room › Topics

          Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
          Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

          View full reply list.