5 inch gauge Stirling single

5 inch gauge Stirling single

Home › Forums › Locomotives › 5 inch gauge Stirling single

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #808260
    Michael Callaghan
    Participant
      @michaelcallaghan68621

      Hi, I am looking for details of the tubing running from the stirlings super heater to the cylinders. I have an old set of drawings from reeves and they are useless coving this detail. I understand that model engineering magazine coved the Stirling build from 1984 , if anyone has the details can they please scan them and send to me thanks. Michael

      #808263
      Martin Kyte
      Participant
        @martinkyte99762

        mfengine1 has a nearly complete set of ME’s under Model Engineer Magazine Collection (this forum) that he seems to be trying to get rid of. Maybe offer him a few quid for the relevant issues?

         

        #808265
        Michael Callaghan
        Participant
          @michaelcallaghan68621

          Thanks Martin, but the seller is the other side of the country from me.

          #808270
          noel shelley
          Participant
            @noelshelley55608

            Hi Michael, give me year,month, vol, and edition number, I should be able to help. Noel.

            #808275
            Clive Brown 1
            Participant
              @clivebrown1

              Reeves acknowledged that the original Scarth drawings were very poor and later had them redrawn to a good standard. On their current website, the individual updated drawings are actually reproduced. Sheet no. 7 shows elevations of the smokebox arrangement. It’s not very clear, but with a decent PC monitor screen it might be helpful.

              #808284
              Roderick Jenkins
              Participant
                @roderickjenkins93242

                The Stirling single covered by ME in the mid 1980s was the 2-2-2 not the more famous 4-2-2.  Which is yours?

                Rod

                #808288
                Michael Callaghan
                Participant
                  @michaelcallaghan68621

                  Mine is the 4-2-2.  And thanks Clive, I did look at reeves drawings, however the bit I am interested in is missing. Noel, it looks like the sterling build notes are spread over most of 1985/6 and 7. I would imagine that the smokebox set up would be the same no matter which model Stirling.

                  #808523
                  KenL
                  Participant
                    @kenl

                    According to the Aussie index list the issue you need is:

                    Vol 156 Issue 3776, 2nd May 1986

                    Several for sale on FleaBay for under a fiver.

                  Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • Please log in to reply to this topic. Registering is free and easy using the links on the menu at the top of this page.

                  Latest Replies

                  Home › Forums › Locomotives › Topics

                  Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
                  Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

                  View full reply list.