Tell us what you’d like to hear about & you could win.

Advert

Tell us what you’d like to hear about & you could win.

Home Forums Website Announcements Tell us what you’d like to hear about & you could win.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    steamdave
    Participant
      @steamdave

This is the title of a message I received from Mortons’.

Clicking on their link to ‘Update my marketing preferences ‘ I get an Error 404.

Is it just me and my browser, or is there a ‘glitch’ in the Mortons’ system?

Dave
      The Emerald Isle

Advert
      Michael Gilligan
      Participant
        @michaelgilligan61133

Oops … I have recently started another Topic about the same message.

But to answer your question, Dave … No problem here; clicking the link worked fine, but I just couldn’t be bothered doing anything when I got there.

MichaelG.

JasonB
          @jasonb

Dave, it’s not just you getting 404.

PS happy new year to you hope you are back in teh house.

another 404

peak4
          Participant
            @peak4
            On JasonB Said:

Dave, it’s not just you getting 404.

And me; I thought I’d check and update my preferences anyway.
            The email with the dodgy link, whilst valid and used for this forum’s login, isn’t the one shown on any of my Mortons Mailing or subscription preferences. 🙂

Bill

JasonB
              @jasonb

Same here it went to an old one I used to have my digital subs on so looks like they are targeting old subscribers. I also get ones to that email letting me know when the latest issue is out to buy.

Did not get sent to my active subscription email.

Ian P
              Participant
                @ianp

I get the same as Jason.

I was hoping I could change the email notifications that I get from subscribing to this site (well they are communications from Mortons after all)

Not mentioned by anybody else so far (unless I have missed it) but the emails notification system is now cr#p.

I get one mail for every reply to the same thread so on a ‘popular’ topics if I dont check my email for a few hours, I may end up with 20 or more unread emails. Sensible method would be for Mortons to send me one to alert me that there had been a new reply but then not send any more emails until I visited the thread (I think it should know this from cookies)

The original format of the posting appears as plain text in the email and is generally hard to make sense of on a phone screen, also the link is not highlighted so with Mortons disclaimer is more or less buried in the body of the email

The ‘From’ and ‘Subject’ of the emails are far too wordy (and pretty much duplicates) and on my email client have to widen the columns beyond normal sensible widths. Not a deal-breaker but it is an annoyance.

I suppose this is one of the myriad of problems on the list to be sorted

Ian P

P.S. I am told that there is an environmental cost both to sending unnecessary emails and to sending superfluous text.

JasonB
                  @jasonb

Just turn them off, I only have the moderator and PM ones set to come through.

V8Eng
                  Participant
                    @v8eng

I have just received an email saying the “the button is fixed” and sure enough it works now!

Ian P
                    Participant
                      @ianp

Isn’t it amazing what admin or the software team can do when sales or marketing are involved!

(Hence my ‘two Mortons’ thread)

Ian P

Michael Gilligan
                      Participant
                        @michaelgilligan61133
                        On V8Eng Said:

I have just received an email saying the “the button is fixed” and sure enough it works now!

So did I … Which is a little counter-intuitive because the original one worked for me anyway [albeit linking to a totally different page]

MichaelG.

Peter Greene
                        Participant
                          @petergreene36336
                          On Ian P Said:

I get one mail for every reply to the same thread so on a ‘popular’ topics if I dont check my email for a few hours, I may end up with 20 or more unread emails.

As I recall, the old site worked the same way if you checked the notification box. It’s why I rarely used it.I don’t need to know the instant someone posts to a thread. Next time I look at it is fine.

Michael Gilligan
                          Participant
                            @michaelgilligan61133

Belated credit to Mortons

Not only did the new message fix the button … it also modified the text; effectively removing the falsehood to which I referred elsewhere.

It’s rather clumsy now, but it ‘shows willing’ and I respect that.

MichaelG.

Neil Wyatt
                              @neilwyatt

I was just going to say the erroneous message had been sorted but Michael got there first!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)