3D Printer Problems

Advert

3D Printer Problems

Home Forums 3D Printers and 3D Printing 3D Printer Problems

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dick H
    Participant
      @dickh

I have a Geeetech 3i Pro X Prusa clone using Repetier Host to drive it. Since a Windows 10 update yesterday, I can´t get the PC to talk to the printer no matter which USB I use. Anyone had any similar problems? Any suggestions?

Advert
      Bazyle
      Participant
        @bazyle

You might need to remove and reinstall the Repetier Host. Perhaps ask n the repetier forum if anyone else has had this problem. They might all be stuffed.

Dick H
        Participant
          @dickh

I tried to reinstall, the only problem is I don´t want to lose all the parameters. I don´t know if this was some sort of custom adaptation of Marlin. I´ve lost the original installation notes. It worked yesterday and not today. Grrrrrr.

Dick H
          Participant
            @dickh

Solved, sort of, did a system restore from a (pre update) backup system image. Could have been a wrong baud rate. Blocked updates until I understand what went wrong.

Russell Eberhardt
            Participant
              @russelleberhardt48058

I have a Geeetech 3i and found occasional problems driving it using usb, it would get halfway through a print then go mad.  I found it to be more reliable to copy the gcode output from Repetier (I now use Cura instead) onto an SD card and run that in the printer. No connection at all to the computer.

Russell

Dick H
              Participant
                @dickh

Thanks, that was plan B. I was just a bit miffed that it stopped working from one day to the next. It is always when you just want to do a “quick” job that something like this happens.  Normally the 3D printer gathers dust until I have a couple of jobs for it, in this case an end cap for a column for an HEQ5 telescope mount.

Dick

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)