Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

What did you do today? (2014)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Four stroke Fred31/12/2014 07:23:15
137 forum posts
137 photos

Just a quick line to wish all forum members a happy safe and productive year in your workshops. Steaming hot here in Bundaberg,Qld - even the pool reached 31 C so would not mind a bit of your cool weather. Over the last few weeks I have been checking the drawings of the Saunderson and Mills tractor. Completed about 120 so far and still have the engine to do so expect to be about 180 - 200 when finished. I hope to come over to the UK next Nov - Dec for the MEX so may be able to catch up with some of you then. Cheers for now.

George.

mechman4831/12/2014 09:27:48
2792 forum posts
431 photos

Just to wish all a very happy, healthy, & prosperous new year. I have two sons in Qld, Brisbane, Kangaroo point & Bellbowrie, both have been on about the heat have asked them to send some over here... dont know ?

George.

ChrisH31/12/2014 11:32:11
892 forum posts
29 photos

If it has to be coffee then it HAS to be the proper ground stuff, taken black, no sugar.

The instant stuff is revolting stuff, should be banned. Immediately.

Now tea, can drink that all day, that's a proper Englishman's drink. After bitter of course.

Taking of which, will be starting another brew of bitter today, but maybe no shed time, Senior Management getting to feel ignored she says, but haven't worked out why yet.

Chris

And a very good and happy New Year to all, lets hope it is a good one!

Edited By ChrisH on 31/12/2014 11:33:48

mechman4831/12/2014 14:05:03
2792 forum posts
431 photos

'Senior Management getting to feel ignored she says, but haven't worked out why yet.'

Don't even try; if you value your existence on this planet!... kulou kulou.. just nod your head & agree !!

George

ChrisH31/12/2014 20:32:31
892 forum posts
29 photos

George - agreed, long ago gave up trying to work out the why's as related to a women, now just nod my head as you suggest and try to keep the peace whilst trying to be getting to do what I want to do. Like shed time.

But surprise surprise, was granted an exit visa and got three hours in the shed this arvo and progressed the fitting of the Y axis DRO bar to the mill, so not a bad day. Plus now have 40 pints of bitter hopefully beginning to bubble away.

Chris

John Haine31/12/2014 23:02:30
3428 forum posts
184 photos

Happy New Year to all! Neil will presumably be starting a new thread, "what did you do today (2015)"!

A while ago I posted on bushing a CI pulley to fit a new pulley onto a 3 phase motor to my VMB. All your suggestions worked, I even succeeded in cutting a keyway in the bush by racking the lathe carriage on the lathe with a slotting tool. The pulley is on the motor, the motor on the miller after some radical surgery with a hacksaw and file (blush!) and the motor now drives the spindle nicely through a link belt with 4 pulley speeds and variable motor speed. Just need to tidy up the electrics and the belt guard and I'm done. At least that's one project that was 99% complete in 2014.

Also spent several happy hours assembling Ikea cupboards to accommodate the tide of stuff we have accumulated!  You have to admire the quality of their mechanical design to a price, and they must have awesome CNC machines.

Edited By John Haine on 31/12/2014 23:05:24

All Topics | Latest Posts

This thread is closed.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
emcomachinetools
EngineDIY
Warco
cowells
ChesterUK
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest