By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Until July 27th

Minnie Eratum

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Richard K07/07/2013 07:48:08
9 forum posts

Hi! I don't know if I have picked the correct thread, (if not could a mod move it).

Does anybody know of an eratum / error list for the 1" Minnie - book / drawings.

Thanks

mick H07/07/2013 08:20:53
679 forum posts
19 photos

For what it is worth Richard, I made a Minnie from the book and had no problems. Mind you, it was my first ME project and it could be that I was too daft to notice any errors. Obviously nothing too serious though.

Mick

JasonB07/07/2013 12:36:07
15509 forum posts
1594 photos
1 articles

Same here I made mine from the book and it runs fine

Richard K26/07/2013 18:35:32
9 forum posts

Thanks to you both. I'm a bit late responding as I've been away.

The reason I asked the question was because I remember reading a letter in the mag on the subject of a database for eratum / errors, and I had just discovered the set over angle error for the chimney taper. I obviously wondered if there were any more.

Genrally I have found the book to be very good and helpful.

JasonB26/07/2013 18:47:53
15509 forum posts
1594 photos
1 articles

Did not notice any error on the chimney taper. Book says "about 1.5deg " and adjust to suit as you get towards teh final cut. If you work it out the angle is 1.43deg. If you can set your topslide using the scale to 0.07deg good luck to you. wink 2

J

Richard K22/08/2013 18:28:09
9 forum posts

Slow response by me as usual. I saw this as an error as my final set over was about 3/4 deg and produced the correct top & bottom dimensions on the flue.

I stupidly assumed the lathe gradutions to be reasonably accurate and that the 1.5deg was the included angle. I did at the time run a DTI over the topslide to check that it was parallel with the bed when I reset it to 0deg, which it was near enough. I did not check by calculation at the time, I've done so since and phisicallychecked the actual angle of the flue itself.

Since your replies I have been trying to no avail to find the source of the problem. (Starting to think I must have dreampt it)

Lathe is a Chester DBV 10 just a year or so old.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Eccentric Engineering
TRANSWAVE Converters
Ausee.com.au
ChesterUK
Warco
Eccentric July 5 2018
Sarik
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest