By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Jason's Firefly .46 Build

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Glenn Royds21/01/2021 17:48:45
6 forum posts

Sorry this is a very late response (my how the time flies)

To address anybody wanting drawings of the Firefly 46, the original website's (both mine and Alex) that hosted the PDF drawings no longer exist, however I think I still have my original AutoCAD 3D models and the PDF drawings lying around on a dusty USB Hard Drive somewhere.

Assuming there is no copyright (they were free to download anyway) If anybody wants access to these I'll try and find somewhere to permanently host them so folk have something to keep them busy in this Covid-19 Lockdown madness.

Stay Safe everybody eventually those pubs will open !

Cheers

Glenn

The Firefly46 CAD Monkey

Emgee21/01/2021 18:05:36
1929 forum posts
243 photos

Good news Glen, link please when you have them posted somewhere.

Emgee

JasonB21/01/2021 18:33:59
19965 forum posts
2179 photos
1 articles

The plans are available from Sarik who took over the plans service including those from RCM&E.

Not sure of the exact copyright but expect the ones Sarik have are as arranged on the two sheets that were in RCM&E but Alex and Glen would still hold the rights to the originals so OK for then to do what they wish. Asking around can also probably find a set if in need of them now as a lockdown project..

Glenn Royds22/01/2021 08:37:35
6 forum posts

I originally created the various drawing sets for both Model Engineer and RCM&E along with a 32 drawing originals for the proving group who tested my drawing skills to ensure I had not dropped a bollock somewhere, you would assume myself and Alex own the rights to the originals? I cant remember the terms but it was Alex's baby.

I hosted the original plans for free I only feel it fair to let folk have access to them again especially in these mad Lockdown times. I'm working from home on my own and this is certainly tests my mental state having stuff to do would certainly help folk if I can contribute.

I will clear it with Alex first before hand but I cant see there being a problem being hosted somewhere. These would have to be the non RCM&E versions for obvious reasons.

Cheers

Glenn

JasonB22/01/2021 16:13:50
19965 forum posts
2179 photos
1 articles

Glenn and Alex have agreed that making their drawings available to all again is a good idea so for those that want to have a go at building this nice little project they can be downloaded from my Dropbox account by clicking here

There may be a few additional drawings and renderings that Glenn has which I will add to the folder as they become available.

JasonB22/01/2021 18:36:41
19965 forum posts
2179 photos
1 articles

I've now added the additional renderings to the Dropbox account as well as to my Firefly Album.

Just to tempt a few who may have missed it first time around and are looking for a lockdown project here is an external rendering and cross section.

firefly46.jpg

section2.jpeg

Emgee22/01/2021 19:24:30
1929 forum posts
243 photos

Glenn & Jason

Thanks to Glenn for making the Firefly plans available and Jason for the additional pictures and hosting the plans on his Dropbox.

Emgee

Roderick Jenkins22/01/2021 21:06:33
2048 forum posts
546 photos

Thanks guys. Downloaded and saved for the (not too distant) future.

Stay well,

Rod

Anders Be24/01/2021 01:02:59
10 forum posts

Thanks a lot guys. Downloaded and saved for a future dream.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
JD Metals
emcomachinetools
ChesterUK
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowells
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest