Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale May 23

Accessing the Digital archive.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
HobbyNut04/11/2010 16:03:31
113 forum posts
93 photos
I have a Digital archive Subscription,(new), and i have registered the confirmation# in my profile, but when I go to Archives, it sends me to the Subscription page.
Anyone else have this happen?
Or, am I doing something wrong?
Brian04/11/2010 17:29:17
36 forum posts
1 photos
I had the same problem and contacted David Clark and My Hobby Store Subscriptions Dept. who solved the problem for me. It would seem that, in my case, I had been given the wrong number to enter. I recommend you contact David and ask him to sort the problem, an ongoing problem I think.

Edited By Kelvin Barber on 05/11/2010 14:06:26

David Clark 104/11/2010 17:36:38
3357 forum posts
112 photos
10 articles
Hi HobbyNut
Number looks fine.
 Can't check until morning.
I suspect it might be your name.
If you have a confirmation email, check
the spelling.
Have you entered it exactly as given on the email even if it is wrong?
regards David

HobbyNut05/11/2010 12:36:47
113 forum posts
93 photos
Name appears to be OK, except that in the email there is " between the O and D.It should be a '.
If I put " in my name, it disappears from the box altogether.
Jean-Claude Bois12/11/2010 21:54:32
8 forum posts
Hello David.
I've subscribed to both digital archives and today I can only get access to ME workshop digital archives.
.Please note that I did a mistake when subscribing, switching last name and first name for "model engineer workshop digital archives", so I needed sometimes to switch these 2 datas in my details to get access to both archives. But today, whatever I do, I can only access to ME worshop digital archives
Please help me.
Regards.
Jean-laude
David Clark 113/11/2010 09:19:57
3357 forum posts
112 photos
10 articles
Hi Jean Claude
MModel Engineers' Workshop has lapsed.
I don't know why.
Email me direct.
Pat26/11/2010 16:32:20
94 forum posts
1 photos
I also have just taken out a new Digital Subscription and am being passed to the subscription page as the web page does not recognise the subscription number contained in my email receipt.   
I have no access to anything other than the non subscriber pages.
As others have had this self same problem there must be a continuing problem with the website or its management.
Regards a disapointed Wildwespat
David Clark 126/11/2010 16:56:16
3357 forum posts
112 photos
10 articles
Hi There
Pat entered an incorrect number into his profile section.
That is why he can't access the magazines.
The subscription is checked and working.
Operator errror.
regards David

Pat26/11/2010 16:58:46
94 forum posts
1 photos
A big thankyou for the very rapid response to my problem.  I cut and pasted the subscription number into the webpage and then saw the note about leading zeros so I deleted them.  Resulting in a six figure subscription number which was not recognised. 
Suggestion to anyone else having an initial login problem that checking that you have all eight digits entered correctly if you have cut and pasted the subscription number. 
Just a thought but it would have saved me some agro and oue editor David some work.

Many thanks

Pat28/11/2010 10:43:43
94 forum posts
1 photos
There is still something very unstable with my subscription.  Got access sorted thanks to David Clarke on Friday evening - my fault in entering my subscription number.  Enjoyed access on Saturday but I am back to a non subscriber status on Sunday.

Yes I have checked my details and these are correct including the subscriber number. 

Please help .
David Clark 128/11/2010 12:45:13
3357 forum posts
112 photos
10 articles
Hi Pat
Have checked and there is no problem.
regards David

Pat28/11/2010 14:23:47
94 forum posts
1 photos
Once again thanks for checking and sending me a response so quickly.

Kind regards Pat
Jean-Claude Bois10/12/2010 16:21:35
8 forum posts
Hello.
For  some few days the  problem seemed to be solved.
Anyway I ve been getting  again problems to access my digital archives subscribtion (model engineer wrokshop this time) for 12 days..
David, I've sent you an email about that  december 4th. I'm waiting for your answer please.
Regards.
JC 
Jean-Claude Bois13/12/2010 21:36:42
8 forum posts
Hello.
Day after day, not any aswer to my problem...
This is not a good practice to keep customers.
Regards. 
Jean-Claude Bois14/12/2010 09:00:42
8 forum posts

Edited By Jean-Claude Bois on 14/12/2010 09:01:19

Eugene Aynsley09/08/2011 23:47:50
3 forum posts
I paid for access to the Digital Archive and all I get is a "run arround". By good luckI found that I was not alone with this problem and I am starting to wonder at the compentence of the people behind this very good idea. It is driving me nuts because I am quite compendent with this type of service and yet not withstanding two attempts on getting information about getting into this Archive I have received only a notice that I will hear from them.

I have just been reading (carefully) the above complaint letters and maybe I should reinsert my numbers, they may be incorrect.

Eugene Aynsley
Eugene Aynsley10/08/2011 00:22:46
3 forum posts
I had another go at putting the numbers in, very carefully I might add, still nothing!

Help

Eugene Aynsley
David Clark 110/08/2011 08:03:48
3357 forum posts
112 photos
10 articles
Hi There
Number incorrect.
Ignore leading 00 and put remaining 8 numbers in.
Should work then.
regards David

Mike smithson 127/10/2012 16:10:27
2 forum posts

I would like to know if I can download my digital copies of MEW to my own archive. If it can be done how would I do it. With the printed copies I could poke them on the shelf and browse through any time, with the on line digital archive I suspect there is a "best before date"?

Mike

Ron Adams18/11/2012 15:11:06
1 forum posts

I also would like to download the ME digital copies to my own computer and would like to know if it's possible. Being an overseas member waiting nearly a month for my subscription copy the digital issues look very attractive to me.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Eccentric Engineering
Eccentric July 5 2018
Ausee.com.au
Warco
ChesterUK
TRANSWAVE Converters
emcomachinetools
Allendale Electronics
Sarik
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest