Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Meddings M4 Backgear

Stripped back gear

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mark Turner 129/11/2009 21:08:47
7 forum posts
Hi

Ive just got a meddings M4 pillar dril, probably from the 1950s.  Got the invertor hooked up and running, however I have found the low range works fine, but no drive in the high range.  On stripping the gearbox ive found two tufnol gears and unfortunatley the high range one is stripped.  Are these still available or does anyone make them?  If not how feasible is it to use the inverter to over speed the drill.  Normally max speed with 1425rpm motor is 1000rpm, but I suppose no problem to go to twice this??

Cheers

Mark
Mark Turner 130/11/2009 16:42:02
7 forum posts
Hi

I spoke to meddings this morning and expected to get a sorry, we dont make this any more, however I got a chap who knew straight away what I needed and could send the part out today.

Im very surprised that they still offer after sales support for a 50 year old machine, however I think im lucky as maybe they use the gear in another machine!!

Cheers

Mark

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
JD Metals
BOLDON
Eccentric July 5 2018
walker midge
rapid Direct
emcomachinetools
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest