Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

CHRIS DEITH

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
noel shelley21/05/2022 22:13:17
1344 forum posts
21 photos

It is with a great sadness that I inform the forum of the death of Chris Deith last Thursday 12th May whilst on holiday in Italy. He was not only a personal friend but also an important person in the Model Engineering world. He published Engineering In Miniture for several decades, wrote several books and published many more in the name of Tee Publishing, and was best known for organising exhibitions, under the banner of Meridienne Exhibitions. The Midland Model Exhibition, and Ally Pally ! His daughter Avril Spence has organised the exhibitions this last few years and there is no suggestion that his passing will affect this years MEX in October 2022.

It is to Briget his wife and Avril his daughter that I offer my most heart felt condolences. Noel.

Nigel Graham 221/05/2022 22:31:00
2133 forum posts
29 photos

An important person - for very valuable contributions to the hobby.

Chris Crew22/05/2022 08:47:54
202 forum posts

I am genuinely saddened by this news. I did not know Mr. Deith, except for a short conversation with him at one of his exhibitions, but I took his magazine regularly for years and have used the services of TEE Publishing on many occasions. The fact that he took the trouble to reprint and republish many informative and historical books, which otherwise would have been lost to many of us, proved to be very helpful to me and I suspect quite a few others. His exhibitions and the lectures that accompanied them were always of the highest standard and again provided valuable information that would have otherwise not been so readily available. Indeed a sad loss to our model engineering fraternity and my own personal thoughts and condolences are extended to his wife and family at this sad time.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowells
Dreweatts
Rapid RC
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest