Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Parvalux motors

Pm11 240v ac to 240v dc

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
not done it yet28/11/2021 13:51:43
6887 forum posts
20 photos

OP needs to contact Parvalux, methinks. They will know exactly what he has and how he can run it.

John Haine28/11/2021 14:54:07
4716 forum posts
273 photos

The OP has already tried them and they were not forthcoming - see head of thread.

SillyOldDuffer28/11/2021 15:37:54
8891 forum posts
1998 photos

I'll stick my head over the parapet!

The motor appears to be a conventional two-wire DC Permanent Magnet type with two wires only, a red positive and a black negative wire. The motors input voltage is 0 to 220Vdc. A Brake and Tacho are optional extras, assume not fitted.

If so, many controllers available from ebay and Amazon such as this example. They all seem to be 220VAC rather than 240VAC but I'd risk it. Your responsibility, not mine!

Wiring is simple. Circuit diagram on the back. Red motor wire to + terminal, black to - terminal. Two other terminals for AC input taking Line and Neutral either way round. No earth. Two more terminals connect to a switch: I guess these are for an optional emergency off switch.

Parvalux have a Controllers section on their website but searching it doesn't identify any products. Their list of considerations suggests sophisticated control requirements well beyond what's needed on a home mill. The website comes across as an industrial supplier offering consultancy to major purchasers rather than one-off consumers. Possibly a retailer would offer more support to Joe Public.

Dave

not done it yet28/11/2021 19:05:34
6887 forum posts
20 photos
Posted by John Haine on 28/11/2021 14:54:07:

The OP has already tried them and they were not forthcoming - see head of thread.

I saw that. I still maintain they are the ones that will know what it is. Possibly the O- fidn’t ask the (salesman?) the right questions?

Michael Gilligan28/11/2021 19:44:16
20289 forum posts
1064 photos
Posted by not done it yet on 28/11/2021 13:51:43:

OP needs to contact Parvalux, methinks. They will know exactly what he has and how he can run it.

They do … and the driving method is summarised [perhaps too briefly] in these few words:

[I have emboldened the more relevant ones]

[quote] DC shunt wound and permanent magnet motors can be operated as variable speed using a thyristor or PWM controller.[/quote]

Ref. __ **LINK**

https://www.parvalux.com/resources/faqs/can-single-speed-motors-ever-be-operated-as-variable-speed/uu

MichaelG.

Michael Gilligan28/11/2021 19:50:52
20289 forum posts
1064 photos

See the post by Paul Smale on this previous thread : **LINK**

https://www.model-engineer.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=133929&p=1

MichaelG.

derek hall 128/11/2021 22:04:20
232 forum posts

I contacted Parvalux UK (Birmingham) recently and I found them very helpful regarding specifications of certain motors. They sent pdf's of drawings, dimensions etc, very useful.

A new motor was too expensive though...!

Derek

James Lake01/12/2021 00:27:20
4 forum posts

very many thanks to all for the replies and suggestions. I think I will try parvalux for a suitable AC induction motor.

Thanks again

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Eccentric Engineering
Dreweatts
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowells
Rapid RC
Subscription Offer

Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate