By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Flexispeed Lathe

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Robert Holton16/10/2021 19:16:11
21 forum posts

First of all I do not have a clue what the word FWFW means.

Most of the work I do is very small and a tiny bit of eccentricy wouldn't notice. In fact because a lot of what I make is turned without taking the piece out of the chuck it should end up concentric anyway. I do take your point about the 4 jaw chuck, and I had already decided to keep it.

I have been using my Unimat for the stuff I make and may carry on doing so, at least for a while. It's a very able little lathe, but with the drawback that the original type motor is pathetic.

The Flexispeed enables me to turn larger parts. So I had thought the 4 jaw will be useful. Plus it is such a lovely piece of engineering in itself, I just like it.

Thank you for your comments. I am looking forward to using it. It';s got to be 40 years since I used a Flexispeed, and even more since I used a big Lathe.

My grandson was showing an interest in the lathe a few days ago, so I want to show him how it works and what can be made.

Cheers

Rob

Baz16/10/2021 19:55:32
606 forum posts
2 photos

FWIW = for what it’s worth, another favourite on here is AFAIK = as far as I know. As far as I am concerned they are all a PITA = Pain in the A##e to decipher.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
emcomachinetools
JD Metals
rapid Direct
walker midge
cowells
Eccentric July 5 2018
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest