Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Solar Panel Slew bearing, van hub?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Maurice Taylor21/09/2021 20:50:24
198 forum posts
36 photos

Hi, this unit contains the bearing .If you mount the side with 4 bolts to the static side of your pole and the side with 5 wheel studs to the panel side, Your panel will turn on the bearing.

This type of bearing is used on other 4x4 as well ,so should be very cheap at breakers yard.

Maurice

Nicholas Wheeler 121/09/2021 21:12:28
745 forum posts
52 photos
Posted by Maurice Taylor on 21/09/2021 20:50:24:

Hi, this unit contains the bearing .If you mount the side with 4 bolts to the static side of your pole and the side with 5 wheel studs to the panel side, Your panel will turn on the bearing.

This type of bearing is used on other 4x4 as well ,so should be very cheap at breakers yard.

That type of bearing is used on cars like Focus and Astras, where new ones are <£30

Roger Best21/09/2021 21:24:55
306 forum posts
36 photos

Car bits are fine.

Static load is 1/2 tonne loaded, dynamic load is a lot more than that - 5X ?

It would help not to build a lever to ruin that, keep the bearing on the centroid of the drag.

not done it yet21/09/2021 22:31:30
6350 forum posts
20 photos
Posted by Bazyle on 21/09/2021 12:44:52:

To find people who have done it before I suggest you go to the Navitron forum.

Not a chance. Forum has gone due,I think, to the company (management) imploding.

You could try the off-shoot - camelot-forum.co.uk.

Edited By not done it yet on 21/09/2021 22:31:53

Peter Bell22/09/2021 08:29:57
370 forum posts
164 photos

Yes I could not find the forum so assumed it had gone and thanks for the alternative.

Thanks also for the explanation on the hub, looks idea. I had looked at static loads previously and everything was way over what I need. Think its going to be around 140-180kg total and it will be based around the cenre so is balanced.

Peter

Bazyle22/09/2021 17:57:57
6042 forum posts
220 photos

Didn't know about Navitron, lots of information in that forum gone like the demise of a few other internet groups.
Bearing looks interesting. How would it be for end load like if used for a ground level track turntable? (sorry off topic)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
rapid Direct
Warco
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowells
walker midge
JD Metals
emcomachinetools
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest